Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Fathers and Stolen Keys

" Josefine, calm down, now tell me what's wrong" she ordered. 

I looked up at Pat and he nodded, rubbing my arm as I took deep breaths to calm myself down. 

" Mom- I-I left Nick"

I heard her gasp," What? Why would you do that?! You were so good together and-"

" He was beating me." I cut her off. 

Silence filled the other line. 

" Oh sweetie, why didn't you ever say anything? Are you okay? Do you need a place to stay?"

I sniffed," No I'm fine. I'm safe. Im with Patrick in Chicago. And I was afraid to tell you. "

She sighed," Why would you be afraid? We love you, you know that. Your father and I-"

" I haven't felt emotion from Dad in a long time. He hates me and you know it"

" Your father loves you. He just has trouble expressing it. "

I snarled, getting up off the couch to pace in the kitchen,"No! You don't know! You've never known how hard it was for me growing up. He was never around. Never cared. As far as I'm concerned I have no father!" I yelled into the phone. 

I collapsed on the floor, sliding down the wall with my head in my hands. 

" I don't want to argue about this right now, mom. I just needed to let you know where I was. Tell the boys I'm okay. I'll call you soon"

I hung up and let the phone fall into my lap. 

I rolled my head to look over at Pat. 

He was leaning against the wall, staring at me. 

" Now, don't you feel better?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. 

I choked out a laugh/sob, smiling slightly. 

" I hate you, you ass"
He grinned. 

" No you don't"

---------------

Jon POV

After getting home from Starbucks, and walking Josie home, I opened my front door to Sharpie and Burish in my kitchen. 

I sighed, slipping off my jacket and tossing it on the table. 

" Guys, what are you doing here? How did you get in?" I asked. 

Burish smiled, making me nervous. 
" Made a copy of the key I stole off of Kaner's keyring " 

I groaned, rolling my eyes as I opened my fridge, pulling a beer out and opening it, leaning against the counter. 

" You okay?" Sharp asked. 

I nodded, taking a sip. 
" Yeah. I'm good. I walked Josie home."

Bur's eyes widened and his brow shot up. 
" Dude, are you crazy? Kaner's gonna flip his shit if he finds  out you're banging his chick-"

" I'm not banging Josie. I just ran into her at Starbucks and walked her home...hey did you notice her bruises?"

Sharp and Bur shared a look. 
" Yeah. I did. I just didn't say anything. Apparently her ex beat her. I was at Kane's apartment when she showed up, all cut and bloody, banging on his door. Pat punched a hole in his wall. "Sharpie informed, taking a bite of the sandwich he took from my fridge. 

I stiffened, the image of Josie's black eye and split lip coming to mind.

How could someone hurt her? She seems like she's such a good person. 

Burish tensed, knuckles white,"it's not right to hit a woman. Hope Kane puts the fear of god in the bastard"

I nodded, taking a swig from the cool longneck. 

"She's Danish" I said randomly after a moment of silence. 

Adam rose an eyebrow,"Really? Yeah. Makes sense."

I frowned," What do you mean?"

Bur smirked," I once banged this Danish chick when we were in Minnesota. Huge tits. And it makes sense. Did you see the pair of tits that Josie had, damn-SHIT TAZER!" he yelled, chuckling after I threw the coffee creamer at him. 

I scowled," Have some class, Adam. Don't talk about her like that."

Sharpie cleared his throat,"You like this girl, bro?"

I looked over to my friend and sighed, taking another long sip of beer," I don't know man. I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Thoughts?