Status: Active; updated with short chapters as frequently as possible

So Hard to Face the Truth

002; The Aftermath

The silence that grows between is is even more intense than that of the closet.

For a full five days neither of us even say anything to each other. Maybe because I attempt to avoid her at all costs. It's not like I don't want to see her- actually I would die to. But I just can't face her- face what happened.

The moment replays a million times in my head, 24 hours a day, every minute and every second. I can't focus, I can do anything. Even my other friends begin to notice how zoned out I stay. They give me sideways glances and ask me what's wrong.

That's when I begin to pretend like nothing ever happened between. I didn't kiss my best friend- my girl best friend. I didn't like it. I definitely didn't want it to turn into something else.

She attempts to contact me after a while. She sends me several texts, leaves a couple voice mails, and messages me on Facebook. I ignore them all, and feel bad as I do. She is my best friend for God's sake. But I can't, I really can't. I'm scared, a scared 'lil coward.

Friends become acquaintances, then acquaintances become strangers. Of our my own doing we drift painfully apart like two ships at sea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too short?