Status: Active; updated with short chapters as frequently as possible

So Hard to Face the Truth

003; In the Coffee Shop

Weeks later I'm sitting in Annabelle's Coffee Shop, my nose filled the delicious smell of coffee. In front of me is a coloring book and a large pack of colored pencils- Crayola of course. Like a kid I've been filling in the pages, while also getting full off mocha caramel cappuccinos.

I pause in my coloring to grab my mug and press it to my lips. As I take a careful sip I happen to glance out the window I've sitting near. Of all the people I see its June.

She's with a couple of her friends that I don't really hang with. They have bags in their hands while June just has her Ipod in hers.

By some ridiculous chance her eyes look directly into the window, straight at me. I can't look away. My eyes won't budge even with my brain screaming for me to get up out of the shop.

She smiles, her straight white teeth showing. I watch as she motions for her friends to go ahead and turns around to enter the shop, her eyes staying on me as long as they can through the glass.

The beating of my heart quickens, and heat rushes to my face.

"Hey, Kirkland!" I hear a familiar voice call my name.

Slowly, I turn to see June walking towards me; her toned figure looking perfect in her short shorts and tank top.

“Hey.” I greet in too upbeat of a tone, when she scoots into the across from me, her hazel eye gazing into face.

Her voice is a little hesitant when she asks, "So, what's up?"

If only you knew!

But then again that’s all my fault.

“Nothing really,” I put my mug on the table with a soft clink, and fold my hands in my lap. “Just chillen I guess.”

Here comes the silence, the poisonous silence that has ripped a gash between us.

I look at her without trying to stare. She has her hair straightened out today so it’s past her chin and barely brushing against her collarbone when she leans forward. Her hazel eyes are rimmed in soft black and her lips shine with a little glass.

Those lips.

Instantly my mind goes to other more sensual thoughts. I feel her mouth against my own again, her full lips soft and gentle. I feel her hands on my body, stroking me slowly.

“Hey, Kirk,” June’s words snap me from my thoughts. I look straight into her shining orbs. “We really need to talk.” She states firmly, her eyes nor her voice wavering.

For some reason this makes me calmer that I expected. Yes, I feel like I want to get up and run like a bat out of hell. But it’s more of small urge than I giant one.

“I-I know.” I stare at the table, unable to look into her face, her pretty face broken with hurt- hurt that I caused.

From underneath the table I feel a hand grab mine, giving it a light squeeze. I give a soft chuckle and smile, returning the gesture.

“Let’s go.” June’s hand slips away from mine and she gets up, packs up my coloring books and pencils and puts them in the bag sitting next to me. Smiling, she throws the bag over her shoulder and stands next to me.

Sighing I get up, grabbing the only thing left of mine on the table- my warm cappuccino. After I get a to-go cut to pour it in June and I leave the shop and begin to walk down the street.