Status: Active; updated with short chapters as frequently as possible

So Hard to Face the Truth

007; Surprise Guest or Two

A sharp, incessant knocking sound startles me awake. I shoot up from my bed in a panic, looking around wildly.

“What?” I scream, storming towards the door and yanking it open to see Cameron smiling at me like an idiot.

“Mama called, she wants you do these chores.” He shoves a slip of paper in my hands and walks away in hurry like he has something to actually do.

I sigh, slamming the door behind me as I go back into my room and lay across my bed. My headache has faded to more of a light throb.

Thank God

After staring up at the ceiling for five minutes, trying to clear my head, I decide to get up and start doing this crap while I feel up to it.

It’s pretty easy stuff- clean the bathroom and the kitchen. Once I finish with both I lounge in the kitchen munching on snacks and be a bum. While I’m rummaging through the cabinets for something else to eat, I hear the biggest roar come from the hallway.

“What is wrong with you!?” I scream, heading towards Cam’s room to see what’s up.

With no thought to privacy I throw the door open only to see nothing, except for his game console missing.

Still feeling curious I make my way towards the den to see him and his best friend Quinton, along with some dude I’ve never seem, sitting in front of the flat screen playing Call of Duty.

“I should’ve known ya’ll were gaming.” I sigh, with no response by the three teenage boys.

Settling into the couch, I casually watch them play, while stealing glances at the new boy. I’ve met most of Cam’s friends, since they’re over constantly. So it’s weird not to know him.

“Hey, Kirkland.” Quinton greets, not even taking his eyes off the screen of violence.

I greet him back, with a wasted smile, still trying to figure out this little mystery of who the other dude is.

Cameron interrupting my staring to introduce, “Kirk, this is Trevor. Trevor, Kirkland.”

The tanned boy looks over at me, his pearly whites showing as he smiles. “Hey, Kirkland.”

I smile back, waving my hand slightly. “Hey.”

Our gaze seems to linger on each other before he snaps his attention back at the TV, where the three are seriously getting their tails whopped.

He’s kind of cute. I find myself thinking, just before the doorbell rings loudly in my ears.

No one makes a move to get it, so whoever it is rings it again- several times in a row.

“Get it.” Cam growls angrily.

“Okay, damn.” I yell back, “You don’t have to be rude.” I quickly get up, heading towards the front door. When I get there, I toss the bag in my hands into the wastebasket before opening the door.

It’s June.

My world stops.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a cliffhanger.