Status: Lastest story, even if it was a writing assignment a few months back :)

My Prince Charming

1/1

“Maybe I’m not worth the breath you waste to say my name, Maybe I’m not worth the sweat and blood that I have put into this household for 13 years… but I am worth more than this.” She raised her arms up above her head, indicating the rooms, the house; everything around her. Her green eyes bore into his blue ones as she tried to find an answer in them. Trying to find a purpose to believe him and everything the boy was telling her. “Fine then... I’ll just do you all a favor then.” The woman left the room, letting him stand there dumb founded. Her small legs carried her to the only room in the house that her husband never made her clean; the gun room. She opened up the cabinet, grabbed the small hand gun – its shiny silver barrel staring her in the face – filled the empty clip with the rounds that would end her life and put the gun under her chin. Just as she pulled the trigger, her 10 year-old daughter walked into the room, watching her own mother’s life leave her body.

Emmalyn jolted awake, sweat pouring from her body as she looked around the small, spacious room that she was to call home. Her small, dainty hand ran through her long, blonde locks as she pulled her knees to her chest and took in deep breaths to try and calm herself. Why was she dreaming of her mother’s death again? Why was she so… familiar with the situation that played before her eyes in terrible nightmares? The shrieking of her alarm clock sent her out of her daze and back into reality. Her fingers reached the black clock, finding the ‘off’ button and sending the shriek of the alarm off. She threw the blankets off of her body and swung her legs over the edge of the frail twin bed, standing up and stretching her hands over her head.

“EMMALYN!” She jumped at the sound of her father’s voice.

“Coming Father,” she called back and pulled her hair into a ponytail. Emmalyn rushed out of her room after opening her door, heading down the plain oak stairs and into her kitchen. She had been up until 2 this morning cleaning the mess that was left over in the country style kitchen from her step-brother and sister’s party. She tiptoed her way gracefully to the stainless steel fridge, getting out the eggs, sausage and fruit for him. She took her time to cook the sausage as she cut the fruit and made sure to make enough for all the family, except herself.

“Emmalyn, I need you to clean the house, top-to-bottom, for a party your step-mother and I are having tomorrow. That includes all the bedrooms.” Her father’s tone was demanding and she knew better than to back talk; though that did not stop her.

“Jake and Melissa are 19 years old; they can clean their own rooms.” She snapped back, her tone harsh and full of bitterness. “It’s enough to clean this mansion.” Emmalyn’s remark was met with a sharp slap to her left cheek, leaving a full, red hand print on the usually lightly tanned flesh.

“You had better watch that tongue of yours if you want to live to see tomorrow. And fine, don’t clean their rooms then.” Her father, though tall and burly, walked out of the room like a cat – agile and graceful. Emmalyn let a stray tear fall from her eye as she finished the breakfast and made all the plates. She put the plates in their rightful spots, putting tall glasses filled with milk or cups filled with coffee on the table. The family soon piled in and she left the dining room.

Emmalyn went into the kitchen, cleaning up all of the dishes and putting them into the dishwasher to be cleaned. She then swept and cleaned up after the family’s mess in the dining room. After about an hour or so, Emmalyn went to her room to grab some clothes to change into. She checked her phone, finding that she had an unread text from her “mystery man.” She sat on her bed, opened her phone and started to check her messages.

The first one read: “Hey Emma, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and that I hope your day is going better than expected. Love, Ty.” The blood that ran to her cheeks and deep into her face made her blush and her cheeks warm. Even if she didn’t know Ty in person, she knew the real him – the guy that he was truly – not the guy that he had told he pretended to be for his friends and family. Emmalyn’s thumbs worked over the screen of the small phone and texted him a ‘thank you’ and that it had been off to a rough start already that morning. She put her phone down and changed into something a little more appropriate to clean the rest of house in.

Hours upon hours were spent washing windows, dusting countless items around the house, every nook and cranny cleaned out and made spotless. By five pm she was finally finished and putting the cleaning supplies away. She had texted Ty once everything was away and she was back, safely in her room. Their conversation consisted of deep thoughts and what the happenings of the day had brought to each of them. To each other, they were the person the other was looking for. ‘Perfect’ is what Ty had called her once. But to Emmalyn that meant nothing. It was the same thing her mother used to tell her before she died.

“EMMALYN!” The small girl jumped, looking up from the small screen and to her door.

“Yes, Amelia?” She asked her step-mother in a small voice. Amelia was a small woman, a head of red hair that was more authentic than the chest of Pamela Anderson, her build was petite with a little more weight around the middle. Not even liposuction could fix her issues.

“Did you start the food for tomorrow?” She asked, looking into her step-daughters eyes. Amelia was honestly the nicest person in the house beside Emmalyn. She felt for the small teenage girl who was under her father’s constant scrutiny and misfortune.

“Oh um… no. Sorry, I’ll go start it.”

Amelia waved her hand as the girl rose to her feet. “We’ll do it tomorrow, sweetie.” After that Amelia and Emmalyn talked about the events that were to happen tomorrow and how her father wanted her up in her room once the party started. Emmalyn agreed to the conditions, making sure to tell Ty that she could text him as soon as the party had started; though she did not know that Ty and his family were the guests of honor at the party tomorrow night.

Ty walked around his room the next day, it took all he had not to go see her right then and there. It hadn’t taken him long to figure out that she was going to be at the house the party was at tonight. ‘Was she Jake and Melissa’s step-sister that was almost never seen?’ He thought to himself as he tried to fit the pieces together. After a few minutes his brain grew tired and he brushed the thought away, grabbing out nice clothes for tonight.

Ty, or Tyson as he family and friends knew him as, was captain of the basketball team, class President and MVP of the soccer team. He was the most popular guy – and the richest – in the school. Everyone wanted him, especially Melissa Kingston, Emmalyn’s step-sister. But Ty was never interested in those girls; he was caught up on the girl he had never met in real life. To him though, she was the biggest mystery and that was what he wanted – someone who was a mystery and had him guessing at every turn.

Proceeding the aftermath that was getting ready on both sides, Emmalyn texted her ‘Prince Charming’ and sighed softly.

“Are you going to that party tonight?” She asked him, having had an idea who he was from week one.

“Yes, are you going to be at the Kingston’s tonight as well?” He asked hopeful. He waited anxiously as he started to get dressed in his tuxedo.

“If I told you that, I’d have to kill you(;” She replied, just making it a little more flirty than she probably needed to.

“Well, I guess you’ll have to kill me at your party then.” He replied with a hearty chuckle. Emmalyn didn’t reply back as she was sent to go fetch something for her brother as her step-sister snuck into her room, stealing her phone and looking at her phone. When she read the messages on the small, white screen Melissa grew jealous and outraged. She stole the phone and took it to Emmalyn’s father, telling him that Emmalyn had stolen the number from her phone and started to text him – causing her to lose what would be a powerful asset to the Kingston family. Immediately, Emmalyn was taken from her current task and nonetheless, beaten until she could barely walk up the stairs, but she was only allowed to leave the room once her own blood was cleaned from the kitchen surfces. Melissa smirked proudly as she watched the girl of only seventeen, walk up the stairs miserably and blaoody.

The night went on as if nothing had happened after that, Melissa having taken the phone and started texting Ty, acting as if she were the one all along. When she walked up to Ty though, he just looked at him funny.

“Can I help you?” He asked her, looking into her chocolate eyes.

Melissa batted her long lashes at him, something that was more than unflattering for her. “It’s me silly, Emma.” She laughed softly, or at least tried because it came out as a cackle. Ty just shook his head, the surroundings of the garden making it a good place to tell her how he felt right now.

“If you’re really Emma, then what’s the one thing about me that I’ve never told anyone but you?” He asked her in all seriousness. Melissa looked at him dumbfounded; she didn’t know what to say. Her lips quivered as if she were trying to figure out what to say. She grew frustrated, her eyes narrowing into small little slits of black.

“OH, just go get your stupid Emma!! She’s upstairs. I doubt her dad left enough blood in her to even let her survive the night.” She pouted, running off to find her step-dad.

Ty just watched her, confused. ‘Enough blood in her to survive?’ What? His mind raced as he ran up the stairs and towards the bedrooms. “Emma?” He called out, walking past the small room that held her in it. He could hear the small groans as she kept tending to the gashes on her face and upper body.

“Emma?” He came to the door, the small oak one that held the small yet spacious room that she was to call her home. “Oh my God, what happened?” Ty rushed in, sitting by her side.

“What do you want Tyson?” Emmalyn spat. “You just got what you and Melissa had been planning all along, huh?” She was hurt, everything hurt and yet she still found hate in her tone. “You just, out of the blue figured out I’m the mystery girl and I’m just some stupid house maid because my father hates me?” Emmalyn made almost no sense to him, he was so focused on her busted lip, her split open eyebrow and forehead - he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“What’s the one thing I’ve always said to you that I’ve never told anyone?” He asked her, holding a towel to her forehead. “Answer me that and I’ll explain everything.” Ty’s voice was quiet, nothing indicating anything but pure interest.

“You told me that….” She started but pushed his hand away slowly. “Why do you care so much about knowing what you’ve always told me and never anyone?” Emmalyn countered. “I’m sure Melissa has the phone to right in front of her to see what you need to be told.” Her tone was bitter, cold and full of more hurt than anything.

Ty took in her full appearance for once, seeing that her tee shirt, though new, was caked in her own blood – nothing on her arms to hide the bruises from last week or the week before. Her jeans were snug, only because she hadn’t been given a new pair, just ones that Melissa couldn’t fit into after a few wears. He shook his head and crouched in front of her, looking up into her eyes. “What is the only thing I have ever told you that no one else knows?” He asked again in a whisper, hand on her cheek.

“You told me you’d always be my Prince Charming and save me.” Emmalyn said through tears. “Okay? Is that what you wanted to hear? Well I’m here, I’m broken, I need saved...” She blinked back tears, not letting herself get so close again to her breaking point.

Ty smiled, seeing the tiny flashes of hope that crossed her eyes. “I’m not letting you stay here, Emma. Not anymore – I’m saving you from your own personal hell.” Ty picked up the girl, carrying her in his big, strong arms and took her straight to the car. He didn’t even tell his parents he was leaving. He said ‘bye’ to Amelia, who he knew as a kind and yet feared woman, and left with his Cinderella.

They lived happily Ever After, but not until her father was put behind bars and her step-sister were publicly humiliated of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading this :)
It's been a pain in the butt to get this out to you guys with the editing I have been doing on it and school kicked my butt. But I'm a graduate now and I have free time :)

Please comment and tell me what you think :)

Their outfits....
Emmalynn
Tyson