Searching

Chapter 1

I remember the explosions, the heartaches, the cries of people running as they tried to save themselves. That day had been a complete nightmare to everyone that was not expecting what was going to change our lives forever. The feeling of being trapped had not been the greatest of feelings. I have feared that very thing; to be trapped in one place to wait to die. Under my breath, I prayed to whoever who was playing the cards. That scared feeling went through me, my eyes closed as I clasped my hands together to pray to my God. I prayed for a miracle. For everyone to be saved. These were one of those moments that I felt that I needed to pray to the man upstairs. He was my only guidance for now.

That was when my prayer was called, and the sound of fighting came from the balcony overhead. My eyes snapped open, bewildered at the fact that someone was there to save us. A small smile made its way to my face as I watched overhead as the fight went on. Only one man came to answer my prayer, and he fought with the intention of winning to save us all. This had been an astonishing moment to see one man fight off the enemies that tried to get rid of us.

My hand went over my mouth as I gasped, watching as he jumped out the window and a boom sounded. My eyes gazed forward as I rushed to head outside to see if it was possible that the man was safe. I needed to thank him for answering the prayers that I muttered under my breath moments before. I did not mean to push people out of my way, but I did. “Excuse me, please,” I keep telling people as I kept on pushing forward. They looked down at me, some gave me way to go through, while others were being stubborn to.

There I kept going, and soon found my way out to daylight. I looked around my surroundings to find the man that had helped us people earlier. I spotted blue standing there as he looked to the ground, and a smile found its way across my lips. My pace quickened as I headed over, seeing that he started to walk away from where he stood. “Hey, wait!” I exclaimed, and he glanced to look up at me as he stopped walking. I neared him in moments, and then stopped as I caught my breath.

“Is something wrong?” he questioned, I can hear the concern in his voice.

“Oh no, everything is great,” I told him, and gave him a kind smile. He was taken back, but then he let a smile take over his face. Oh, he was handsome. The most handsome man I have seen in the longest time. I gazed at him, but soon broke my gaze when I realized that I was staring at him. Now I brought my eyes to look away, feeling embarrassed that I did look at him for too long without saying anything. “I wanted to tell you thank you for saving us, I wouldn’t be alive if it weren’t for you.”

“No problem at all, ma’am,” he told me, giving me a nod, “It is my duty to serve and protect this country. I hate to break this short, but I need to head out to my companions.”

I gave a nod as I looked at him, taking a step back. “You do what you gotta do, Captain,” I told him, and bit my bottom lip slightly. I knew that I was never going to see him again, and that was the worst feeling to know that I wasn’t going to. “Krissy Bensworth,” I decided to let slip out of my mouth. He looked at me in confusion, and I laughed softly. “My name is Krissy Bensworth. I don’t expect you to remember my name, but I think you should know it. Don’t ask me why I feel that way.” This was embarrassing. I did not know how he would react to me introducing myself. My name, that was all that I was giving him. I could not give him anything else as much as I wanted to. If he remember it, maybe there would be a chance that I would see him again. That chance was slim.

“Captain America,” he stated, and he saluted me. “Take care Miss Bensworth.” With that he left before I could say anything else. I watched as he ran down the street, heading into the smoke where the battle had been raging on.

“Be safe,” I whispered before leaving the spot, letting the smile linger on my features. A police officer ran towards me, gently holding onto my arm as he escorted me to a safe area where people have been gathering to move as far as the city as possible. I longed to see Captain America in the future, and I wished to know his real name. For now he was just a man in that air of mystery. The man that I was most thankful for.

If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be alive today. I would not be able to wake up in the morning to see my family or go to the work that I enjoyed. I owed him more than anything. He was a stranger that I owed, and hopefully I would be able to pay him back in the future.

“Are you okay ma’am?” a medic questioned as the police officer brought us to a safer location away from the corrupted streets of New York City. He brought me from the thoughts I had about my saviour. “Just making sure that you are not suffering from any trauma.” Quickly he brought a gauze from his pack to place on my temple, seeing that I had been bleeding, which I never noticed. I recalled it was from rubble that fell from the sky when I was running away from buildings that were coming down towards the ground.

“I am fine, thank you,” I spoke softly, letting him wipe the blood from my face and felt him place a bandage on top of it. “Thank you.” He nodded to me before running off to tend to another person who had a wound, and my mind strayed off again.

I had hoped to find Captain America.

I will do anything to find him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome to my new story!
It will be probably 10 chapters or so.
I hope you enjoy this. <3