Searching

Chapter 11

I let out a tired sigh as I sat under a tree in Central Park. The day had been nice and sunny with almost perfect weather. This is when I took the chance to jog the park, to keep up my work out habits that I have seemed to drop ever since Steve came into the picture. It seemed my body was not accustomed to jogging anymore, considering that I got tired after running a half of a mile when I used to jog one mile without stopping. This was too much for me. My body and lungs was on fire at this point.

Sitting under the shade of a tree, I took my cellphone out to read anything new. There were two texts from my best friend, as well as one text from Tony’s number. Tony and I became friends after awhile of me going over to the tower at random times of the day. As much as he was somewhat a sarcastic asshole, I didn’t mind it. I actually talked him down at times where he couldn’t retort, and he was always mad when he lost arguments. That is how we became friends, because I “challenged” him.

“Krissy?” someone questioned, and I looked up at the person who asked for me. My breathing hitched in my throat, and I immediately stood to my feet.

“Jonathan? You shouldn’t be near me,” I warned, my cell phone at ready to call the cops on him. My heart was racing. This was the time I wished Steve was around to intimidate him. “You have five seconds until I call the cops on you, so I suggest you turn around and leave.”

He put his hands up. “Whoa there, I am not causing any harm to you,” he spoke, and he shrugged his shoulders as he placed his hands in his pockets. “So, I have bad news and good news for you.”

I bit my bottom lip slightly, watching him carefully. “What is the bad news?” I questioned, still feeling weary about him being in front of me. At least we were in a public park, or who knew what he would have done to me? I guess it was better to run into him in broad daylight than during the night.

“I will give you the good news first,” he said, running his hand through his blonde hair. He smirked at me, and I glared at him. He seemed too happy at this moment. “Our restraining order is up, so we can see a lot of each other more.” I looked at him with wide eyes, about to say something until he cut me off. “Bad news is that the court is not letting you renew the restraining order. I know. They are assholes.”

My body was shaking, and my fists clenched. What did I do to deserve this? Jonathan neared me, and I took a step back from him. “Don’t come near me,” I spat, glaring at him like no other. He grinned as he stopped taking steps towards me. “I don’t want to see your face ever again, so you better watch out.”

“Oh? Is it because of your superhero boyfriend?” he questioned, having me raise a brow in response. It was shocking that he knew of Steve, but how? “I see you two here and there together, it’s quite cute. I will never go against that guy, considering that he is superhuman or whatever.” At this moment of time he place his hands inside of his pockets, a smug smirk crossed his features.

“What do you want, Jonathan?” I questioned, my arms folding over across my chest now. I wanted this visit to be simple and over with. He needed to walk away from me. The air that I breathed had been contaminated because of him being in close distance of me. This bothered me that we were so close to each other.

In honesty, I knew that he was bluffing about the court now being able to renew our restraining order. He didn’t want me to, that was all. The court wasn’t going to not let me in good reasoning as to why I wanted it still. I still felt threatened in his presence, even if it seemed like I wasn’t. Steve wasn’t there to protect me, but we were in broad daylight so he wouldn’t try anything. What if we ran across each other in dark places? I would be praying to God that I was not going to be harmed by this man.

“Nothing, I don’t want nothing,” he told me, keeping his smug smirk. His smirk made my skin crawl. Every part of him made my skin crawl. “I just wanted to see how you were and everything.”

“If you excuse me, Jonathan, I am going to leave,” I told him, turning my back towards him. “I have to go get ready for my date tonight, not that it really matters to you.”

“Don’t worry, you will be seeing me a lot more,” he told me, “See you later, Krissy.”

“Stay out of my life, prick.”

That was that. I started off jogging again, not glancing my shoulder to look back at him. I knew that he still had that smirk on his face. He would walk away after watching me run off to get away from him, and I knew that he would start thinking of ways to see me more. After being with him, I knew how he worked. I would be damned if he changed his ways during our restraining order.

Tomorrow, I knew that I had to go to the court to have the restraining order enforced again. I couldn’t stand to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Taco!Lover and JustThinking!
You two are lovely!

Check it out guys, my story had a review done on it, and it is quite wonderful!
You can check that out here.
Thank you, KatieMosing, for writing such a great review! <3