Searching

Chapter 13

“So, your girlfriend has a stalker for an ex-boyfriend? Must be tough,” the one and only Tony Stark said to me as he grabbed himself a glass of his precious scotch. His statement made me scoff and roll my eyes, looking away from him for a moment. “It must be annoying that the judge is not letting her renew the little restraining order that she had against him. Maybe he is making the judge not sign the papers?”

A sigh escaped my lips as I ran my hand through my hair. “I am not really positive what his intentions are, but he is starting to get on my nerves,” I told him.

“So, the Captain is getting his panties in a bunch because of one guy? Who would have thought that this was going to happen?” he remarked, his brow rose and he looked over to me. “Gotta be careful with those stalkers, never know if they are going to snap.”

He really got on my nerves with the way he spoke, and he knew that. That is what egged him on more, but today I didn’t want to fuel the fire. I was worried for Krissy, since I really couldn’t be there for her all of the time during the day. I didn’t want to bother her when she was at her gallery when she needed to paint something. Sometimes I felt that I made her lose track of her own schedule, which I wasn’t proud of.

A sigh escaped my lips as I stood up, taking notice that the Iron Man rose an eyebrow when I rose. Without an explanation, I picked up my leather jacket that was hanging from the arm of the couch and headed to the service elevator. Maybe a walk would clear my head of Krissy’s ex-boyfriend.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. “I will be back in a bit, Stark,” I told the billionaire, heading into the lift. He didn’t say a word when the doors closed behind me as I pushed the button that would take me to the first floor of the tower.

Everything felt so weird to me, all too sudden. The appearance of that man made me feel on edge, like when I first woke in this new world. These feelings haven’t surfaced in the longest time, and it made me remember when I woke up from the long slumber I was in. I ran my hand through my hair, trying not to think of these thoughts as the elevator doors opened again. I stepped out, and I saw out of the tinted windows to see that the man was standing outside.

Clenching my fists, I made my way out and to him. He had no reason to be here. “What do you want?” I questioned, and noticed something that was in his hands. It was a file of some sort. That made me question more.

“Oh, Steve, I knew I would catch you walking out,” he told me, holding up the folder and putting it out arm distance from himself.

I didn’t exchange words with him when I grabbed the folder, opening it up to see the contents inside of it. When I opened it, my heart seemed to stop beating. “I know you have come across this before,” he spoke, making me look up at him. “Why haven’t you tried to contact her anyway? I am sure that she is waiting for some type of contact from you since she probably knows that you are well alive.”

I closed the folder, handing it back to him. “Does it matter what I do, Jonathan? I chose not to see her because I know it would be shocking,” I said. He didn’t even reach out to grab the folder back from me.

“Keep it, I am sure that you want that,” he told me, putting his hands in his jacket pockets. “Well, see you around.” With that, he had turned his back to me and started to walk away without another word. I wondered how he got his hands on this file? How did he even know about her? He knew too much, and it frightened me slightly.

My eyes gazed down to the folder once more, knowing how close she was to me. It would be strange seeing her, because I knew that she wasn’t going to be her young self. Her older self will be too much for me. Then something made me realize that Krissy is just like her. She will age, and I won’t.

I was scared at this factor. I was too wrapped up into having feelings for the young woman to realize this tidbit. This was something to talk about with Krissy. I couldn’t get too wrapped up into things.

Even if I did love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comment, you know who you are. c:

Jonathan is a bad person, huh?
Two more chapters left. :o

Love you guys.