Searching

Chapter 2

The terror that I saw that day had been the most unfortunate thing that I have witnessed in my years of life. There have been wars that I have fought, but none compared to the one of that caliber. The fear I saw on people’s faces made me remember the times of war that I have been through. To save them was what I lived for. I was constructed to be this super soldier.

Just remembering her face throughout this fresh battle, I stayed strong. That woman was the only one who came to me to thank me for what I was doing to help. When she approached me, she had that kind smile on her face. A smile that lit up a place in the most darkest of times. In my mind I couldn’t comprehend that smile of hers. We were in middle of a war zone, and she kept smiling like there was nothing wrong. She smiled at me. It seemed like she was only smiling for me.

If only I could talk to her a bit longer than just a mere few seconds. There was something intriguing about her. Even if she seemed just like another pretty face, she seemed more than that to me in those few moments. An angel that made me want to keep fighting on, even if I was losing hope in our victory. I kept going, just seeing that kind smile of hers appear in my head. She gave me the strength that I needed to get through the battle. Now I know that I will never see her again to thank her for the push that she had given me through the battle.

Now that the war was one, everything seemed to be at peace again. Everyone split their own ways, and I freely did what I wanted to do. Though I did ask Stark if her name was familiar to him a few months later when we were together again. He told me, “I think I met her once, not too sure though. Perhaps a one night stand?” In that response, I rolled my eyes and dropped the subject completely. He was on his high horse again, and I hated when he resorted back to it.

“What of it? Does Captain have a crush?” he asked now. We were in his tower that I thought was useless and bland to the city. The city did not need anymore high towers, but he wanted to show the world that there was clean energy that he was running from. He had the money, he could do what he wanted with it.

“I saved her and many other civilians during our fight with Loki, and she thanked me,” I told him, trying not to give too many details of it before he fired off another comment. “I want to thank her for helping me fight through.”

“I could help you look for her,” Stark stated, and then grinned, “If that is what you want?”

“No thank you, I would rather find her without seeming like a lunatic that is trying to stalk her,” I told him, and then stood from my seat. I gave him a nod before wandering off, making my way out of the building. There had been only so much that I could handle from my fellow Avenger. His smart comments meant nothing to me.

I walked down the street, letting my mind wander about different things. In honesty, I was still trying to figure out the new things this new world had to offer. It was hard trying to get into grasp of everything that had came out in the years that I have been in absence. In this new age, I felt anxious. I did not like staying in one place. There was always something new to discover.

My mind was running wild until my thoughts were interrupted when someone brushed into me. Looking back, I saw long dark hair and then I thought of her again. Krissy had long brown hair, and beautiful brown eyes. She looked like an average girl, but she was more than average to me. Her image had been in my mind for the longest of time now. I still remember what she looked like. Underneath the dirt, I saw who she was.

“Sorry!” I heard the woman yell out to me, taking a glance back at me and then kept going at a quick pace.

I smiled slightly, and looked ahead of myself, then it struck me. Looking back at the woman’s retreating figure, I recognized who that was. Her voice, it matched the sound of Krissy’s voice. I just watched as she rushed down the street, knocking into a few people as she did so. She kept saying apologies as she rushed through the crowd, and soon she looked back for a brief moment. That was when she looked back at me, as if taking a double take. She slowed to a stop, her eyes were wide in surprise.

Realization spread across me, and I was suddenly nervous. It was her all along. That brunette hair, those beautiful brown eyes. After one year of trying to find her in this city, I have found her again. She gave me a smile, and brought her hand up to salute me. In response, I returned her gesture. Her smile seemed to widen, though she gazed down at her watch before quickly looking back up at me. “Sorry,” she mouthed, and soon turned on her heel to hurriedly get to her destination.

My mission was complete.

I found her.