Searching

Chapter 4

Tony pushed me to see this gallery, as much as I protested. He insisted that I needed to face my fear of women, and go see her. It was not like I was afraid to see her. Okay, maybe it was the fact that I was scared, but I had a perfect explanation as to why I was afraid. Maybe she would think that I was nothing that she thought of? I was not perfect, but only a super soldier that was created.

I was surprised when I approached her as she looked to her own artwork. Honestly, I was impressed with her talent. She made the art look so realistic, and I had thought I was looking at myself through a mirror. No wonder people lined up to see her gallery, everyone had been impressed. Especially today with the anniversary that we saved the world from the deranged Loki and his inhuman army. Everything was about the Avengers, and that made me smile in the most admiration.

My nerves almost got the best of me, and I almost turned around. My eyes met Tony as he looked towards me, and he gave me a stern look. We were not leaving until I spoke to this woman again. My hand was brought to the back of my neck as I rubbed it, and then looked back at the woman. Mustering up the courage, I spoke, “It seems like you have the fascination with Captain America. Why all him?”

Hopefully that did not sound dumb to her ears, because it did mine. I quickly looked back at Stark and he gave me a thumbs up before looking back at the artwork that was based off him. Rolling my eyes, I looked to her as she spoke, “He saved me. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t have open this gallery because I would have been dead.”

I smiled at her statement, now telling her, “That’s quite moving, ma’am.” I watched her as she looked up at me with surprise, and a blush crept her cheeks against her skin. Her eyes stared at the ground now, and I just simply grinned at her actions. “It is nice to see you again, Miss Bensworth.”

“Likewise, Captain,” she commented, and I chuckled. We never gave proper introductions when we first met. We were in the middle of a war zone after all, it was bound not to happen.

“Please, call me Steve,” I replied, now smiling at her. It sent me into bliss when she smiled back at me, feeling my void being full because of her presence. I have finally found her again after a full year. Maybe this was God telling us that we were supposed to find each other. It was fate, and I was glad that we were together again.

“Uh, yes, Steve,” she spoke nervously.

Here I thought that I was nervous talking to women, but with her conversation came out normal. She was the one being nervous around me, which was surprising. It was a change. After being with the female agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I have thought all were women were strong like that. Not everyone was the same.

This made me want to laugh, but I refrained from doing so. “There is no reason to be nervous,” I told her, and she just looked at me.

“Oh, yeah,” she said, clearing her throat, “Sorry, I am just still in awe that you are here right now. I thought you would be doing something worth your time and not at some art gallery.”

I had nothing better to do, to be honest. There were no threats to mankind, so there wasn’t anything that we could do at this point. If there was something that came up, the S.H.I.E.L.D agents usually took care of that. They didn’t need to assemble the Avengers for something so small. Right now I was talking to the woman that I have been looking for.

She took a glance past me, and her mouth slightly opened. I looked back, seeing that she was looking at Tony now. Oh yeah, he was famous in his own ways. It was an honor for him to go out and do normal things. “Tony Stark is here too?” she questioned, and then she looked up at him. “What are you guys doing here anyway? Not that I don’t want you two here, it’s just odd to see superheroes out and about in day to day life.”

Tony looked at us, and he stopped what he was doing to walk over to us. Oh no, I did not want him to give us a hard time. I looked to Krissy, seeing how nervous that she was getting as Stark came closer. It looked like she was going to have a heart attack at any moment.

“Did you draw that?” Tony asked, pointing over to an artwork of him in his suit. A nod came from her, and he grinned at her. “Beautiful work, I want to buy it. Tony Stark, as you know, Ironman.”

“She knows who you are, Stark, don’t flatter yourself,” I mentioned, shaking my head as I looked at her.

“Sorry that I practically forced you to come here, Stars and Stripes,” he retorted, making me look at him again. This man frustrated me to no end. Of course he would blow my cover to her. I wanted her to think that I came here on my own accord. Now that he blew everything out of the water, that wasn’t going to happen.

“Um, let’s stop arguing, shall we?” I heard her ask, and I simply nodded as I agreed with her. She let out a sigh of relief. “Both of you, thank you for coming out to the gallery. Mr. Stark, perhaps I will start negotiating a price with you on the artwork?”

“A thousand for it, take it or leave it,” Stark replied, not flinching one bit at the price. He gave her a stern look, waiting for an answer. Her eyes were wide with surprise, shocked at the price I assumed.

“I’ll take it,” she replied, smiling at him and out reached her hand. He grasped it, and shook it gently. “Granted you are buying it six hundred more than I have priced it.”

“I know,” he stated, winking at her.

I rolled my eyes at his antics, and they started to speak about something more. Not wanting to be in their conversation, I simply walked away to go look at another piece of art as I ignored their stares. When I looked back at them, I noticed that she was looking right at me, and I simply looked away as she did look at me.

I felt like this was just only a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! I had this finished a long time ago, but I never uploaded it. I don't know why. I apologize. Now it is out and ready to be read! :)