Searching

Chapter 6

I went back to Stark Tower that night with a smile on my face. That evident smile that told others that I did have a good evening with the woman I was with. Her stories were interesting to me as she told me about herself growing up, and the things that she did as she got older. I would have never have guessed her to be a ballet dancer, and apparently, she still does it on her spare time at a dance studio, mostly on Mondays. Then I told her things about myself, telling her the story of how I was turned into this super soldier. Somehow I managed to keep Peggy out of my mind when I was telling her stories about the military. It shocked me when I realized it, but I did not make it a big deal.

Stark told me that I had been way over heels for this woman that I just met, but I did not care what he thought. This was my life, and I was going to damn well live it how I want. There was a reason why I wanted to bump into her, and my reasoning was well enough for me. The results of meeting with her at the coffee shop made me know that I was in the green. Even before she left because of the time, she kissed my cheek outside of the coffee shop after telling me that she had a good time and that we needed to get together again. With that we made an agreement to see each other at her art studio the next day.

“How was it?” Stark questioned as he looked up to me when I had entered the room. He saw the evident smile on my face and he grinned. “Stars and Stripes had a good time, that’s wonderful.” He had been tinkering with something on his computer, but shut it off when I sat down on the couch. Why did he close it so fast, I wonder?

I was going to say something until Dr. Banner walked in, rubbing his temples. “I really do need to stop staying up so late,” he stated before looking at me.

“You should get sleep, we don’t have anything to worry about nowadays,” I told him, shrugging my shoulders. Standing from the couch, I started to walk away from everyone. “I am calling it an early night, good night everyone.” Without waiting for a response, I left the room so I could get some rest to see Krissy in the morning.

I was too excited to fall asleep.

---

When I arrived to her art studio, I opened the door and walked in. In the middle of the room there she was, her brown hair had been tied up into a bun with a smile on her face as she painted. Her jeans had paint markings, and her white shirt was a little messy as well. It was definitely nice seeing her in casual clothing, a nice breath of fresh air from when I usually saw her in classy clothing.

She did not look up at me as she painted, and I am sure that she did not hear me come in. A sigh escaped her lips, while my head cocked to the side a little. She was into the painting, which was easy to figure out. Now I did not want to bother her, but I had to make my presence known to her. Clearing my throat, she looked up quickly with wide eyes and soon relaxed back in her seat as she saw it was me. A smile was on her lips as she stood up, setting her palette down on the table that was next to her.

“Sorry, I didn’t notice you come in,” she spoke sheepishly as she walked over to me to give me a hug. I held her in my arms for a moment, breathing in her sweet scent. She smelt like strawberries and champagne. It was an intoxicating smell for me. “How are you?”

“I am well,” I replied, giving her a smile of my own. We pulled away from our embrace, and she motioned me to follow her to her painting station. “What are you working on?’

“I am doing something different and doing a theme for my gallery for next time,” she stated, sitting at her easel after pulling a stool next to her. She patted the seat, and I quickly sat down to look over at her painting. It was a painting of a dolphin, as well as a mermaid. “I am doing an ocean theme, and so far I just started this piece.”

“It looks great,” I commented, and then noticed a small blush on her cheeks. A small chuckle came from my lips as I watched her pick up her palette and brush, starting to paint again. “When are you opening your gallery again?”

“In two weeks,” she replied, looking at me for a moment before looking at her painting as she continued to go on. I simply nodded my head, not wanting to disturb the woman at work.

Right now I was content with watching her paint. Our conversation went short as she continued to work on her art, our silence had been comfortable. At times she started to hum to herself, while I sat there and listened. It was soothing. I could do this forever. There was a smile on her face and a certain glisten in her eyes as she lost herself into her painting.

“I hope that I am not boring you to death,” she spoke, a small laugh escaped from her lips as she looked over at me.

“Oh no, I don’t mind,” I told her, giving her a smile. She smiled at me before looking back at her artwork again.

It has been awhile since I enjoyed the silent company of someone else. A woman’s company at that. This was a needed change of pace from the lifestyle I had. Spending time with Tony had been too much for me, and I needed someone out of that circle to go to. If we have never crossed paths again, I would be doing my day to day routine. Wake up and be at the gym for the longest time. Fate brought us together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to:

JustThinking
Taco!Lover
weirdohere

<3