Searching

Chapter 8

I had taken a shower when she had left to do what she had to do. It was weird how my heart dropped when she had to leave. Feelings like these were so foreign for me since I have never felt this way about anyone other than Peggy. Sure, Krissy was not like Peggy in anyway, but she still had that something that made me crave her attention. The girl I knew now held something different with her.

When I went to the lounge area, Tony had been on his computer again. He was looking at something, and that is when I noticed that the computer had Krissy’s picture on it. He looked up at me, he knew well that it was too late for him to close the computer down. I looked at him in question, and he motioned me over to him. Silently I sat down next to him, just looking at the computer screen.

“It seems like your girl had some issues in the past,” he stated, pointing at something. He was looking at her file, which angered me that he was prying into her life like it was nothing. Those files were supposed to be kept in secret, but he always tinkered with things like that. “It says here that she was admitted into the hospital for attempted suicide, as well as counseling for domestic violence.”

That was when my mind started to jog around that. She seemed happy to me. No one would never guessed that she would be that type of person, but then again, anyone could be as happy as she was and do something like that. It worried me. Though I saw that it was dated back two years ago, before I even met her.

“Why are you prying into her life, Stark?” I questioned sternly, looking at him now.

“Not sure,” he stated, shrugging his shoulders as he closed out her file and looked at something different that I did not understand. “But she seems like she is a happier person than she was before. You got yourself a catch, Rogers.”

I just shook my head as I stood up from the couch, running my hand through my hair. I glanced up at the clock for a moment before looking at him. “I am not going to bring it up to her, I will wait until she opens to me about it if she wishes to,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Don’t need to get your panties in a bunch,” Tony replied, standing from his seat as well before going to the bar. I rolled my eyes as he poured himself a drink. “When do you think she is coming back?”

“She told me around noon,” I answered, shrugging my shoulders. I was willing to wait for as long as I had to for her to return. Without telling Stark, I left him there to go to my room. Perhaps I would just rest until she got back.

It was two o’clock when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I fell asleep without even knowing it. A groan came from my lips as I got up, walking to the door and I opened it to see Krissy standing there. A smile was brought to my face and motioned for her to come inside, which she gladly did. She gazed around my room for a moment before she looked at me.

“Sorry, it took longer than expected,” she said with a shrug, and sat down on the bed. I didn’t mind of course.

“It’s fine, I fell asleep,” I told her, pulling up the chair in my room and sitting down in front of her. “How was your day so far?”

“Boring,” she replied, laughing softly. “I had to go talk to my counselor about some things and spoke about my feelings for a little bit with her.”

I wanted to bring up the things I found out, but I didn’t due to respect. One day she will tell me, and I knew that it wasn’t now. There had been no use in forcing something out of her that she wanted to keep classified until she was ready. Though I was still curious on the matter.

“Why do you have to go see a counselor, if you don’t mind me asking?” I questioned, gazing at her curiously. Of course she didn’t have to tell me her life story. Hell, she didn’t even have to tell me anything if she wished not to. In honesty, I did feel rude for asking her that question when I knew the truth about it.

She shrugged her shoulders before looking away from me. A pained look crossed her features and I frowned. “You don’t have to tell me,” I mentioned, feeling horrible for putting her into this situation.

With a shake of her head, she glanced at me with her beautiful brown eyes, offering me a reassuring smile. “It’s fine, I know that you are curious,” she spoke, running her hand through her brunette hair, “I go see a counselor about what had happened to me in the past. Since I do trust you, I will tell you.”

She took a deep breath, slowly exhaling, before she started to speak again. “I was in an abusive relationship a year before I met you,” she explained, looking down at her lap as she spoke to me, “He would physically harm me if something didn’t go his way, and he would emotionally abuse me by telling me that I was never good enough for him or anyone else.

“He made me think that life was nothing to live for, and I had some suicidal tendencies,” she continued, rubbing her arms, “I went to the hospital because I did suffer from blood loss by cutting my arms too much. Cliche, I know, but I didn’t know what else to do.” She shook her head, letting out a sigh as she looked up at me. “My grandfather saved me by telling my ex to back off from me and he told me that live is really worth living for.”

“If it weren’t for him, I would have never brought the courage to let go of Jonathan in fear that he would beat me, but my grandfather made sure to stand by me when I broke the news to him that I was leaving him,” she reached over and grabbed my hand gently. I looked down as I interlocked our fingers together without a second thought, and I gazed upon her. A smile was on her face, and I smiled back at her. “Now I have nothing to worry about because I have a restraining order against him, and now I have you in my life.”

A blush came to her cheeks, and she quickly looked down.

“Krissy,” I spoke, making her look at me again. I brought my other hand up to her face, gently leaving it on her cheek. “I will never harm you like that, I wasn’t brought up that way.”

She smiled at me, leaning forward slightly. Her lips were placed on my cheek as she kissed my skin, and that was when I became bashful. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks, and I knew that I was going to start blushing. How embarrassing on my end. It was supposed to be the other way around.

“Thank you, Steve,” she whispered, “You have been the one I have been searching for.”

Those words put me in complete bliss, loving the way they sounded from her lips. She was searching for someone like me in her life. At least I was the one that was there. At least I was going to be the one protecting her from bad guys. I smiled at her, resting my head against her forehead and closed my eyes, letting my breathing calm.

“And I can say the same,” I whispered to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to JustThinking and Taco!Lover. You two are great. c:

I have news.
I might be getting kicked out of my house and I am in the process of finding myself a place.
It really sucks when your mom doesn't want you to be around anymore.

Thank you for reading so far.

Don't worry, there is still more to come even if I am in this darkness.