Searching

Chapter 9

In a way I felt a sense of relief when I told Steve what had happened to me in the past. Now he could be even more of a hero to me. He promised that he would not let anyone hurt me like that because he will be the one to protect me. It was a nice gesture from him, and I quickly accepted that.

A smile came to my lips as I looked myself in the mirror. Tonight we had agreed to go dancing at a place that had the essence of his era that he came from. It was by pure luck that I came across the place, mostly because my grandfather told me about it. He told me this, “you know, to make him comfortable, you should take him to the lodge I go to for some old dancing. I shown you some moves from back in the day, so impress the man with your knowledge.”

I had to laugh at my grandfather for saying that.

My hair was up in victory rolls, as a pinup would with the rest of my hair in loose curls down my back. The makeup on my face had a natural hint to it, with bold red lips. My dress was a blue and white pinup style dress, with white pumps on my feet. This look made me feel like I was in his time period that he came from, and I adored the look on me.

I told my date to meet me at the lodge, just so I can surprise him. There were a lot of elder couples, and I beamed at them as they walked past me. They smiled back at me before disappearing inside the doors. Younger couples walked in as well, making me feel less weird for being there. The girls were on their men’s arms as they walked in, laughing and enjoying themselves, making me feel like I was in that time period that Steve came from. He would feel right at home.

“Excuse me, ma’am, but I am wondering why you are here all alone?” a familiar voice asked, and I looked behind me. A smile came to my face, but then I decided to play along with the act.

“It seems that my date has disappeared,” I told him, looking him up and down for a moment. He was simply wearing a white shirt, and a pair of black slacks with some nice shoes. The man looked really good right now.

“Well then, perhaps I should escort you in and be your date?” he mused, raising an eyebrow.

“I accept, I am sure that you can keep up with a lady like me,” I told him with a wink, and he chuckled. He offered his arm to me, in which I linked my arm with his. We walked into the lodge, and my eyes wandered around. The dance floor had old couples, as well as young couples. The music was in an old style, that was most likely familiar to Steve. This was a brilliant setting to bring him to. It probably brought back memories to him.

He looked at me and smiled, leaning down to whisper, “Thank you for taking me here.”

“Do not thank me, thank my grandfather for telling me about this place,” I commented, and then laughed softly. He grinned, giving me a gentle kiss on the cheek. A smile spread across my features as I brought him to the dance floor. “And now I can show you what my grandpa taught me.”

“Krissy, I gotta confess something,” he said, and I looked at him curiously. He looked embarrassed as he put his hands in his pockets now after we unlinked our arms. “I don’t really know how to dance. Remember how I told you about Peggy? She was supposed to dance with me, but it never happened after that day.”

Yes, he told me about his past after I told him about mine. He thought it was fair to share it to me, which I thought he was sweet. I felt bad for him. It seemed like he did not care for Peggy anymore, but I knew that he did. No one really forgets about their first love. He did not want it to affect who he was today, especially when he was around me. As he came to tell me, he forgets everything when I was around. It was nice, but I knew that his heart still ached for losing that girl from the past.

“I can show you,” I told him, holding his hands as I walked backwards to the dance floor and he followed forward. This song was slow and easy to dance to. Without saying anything, I place his hand on my hip and I place my hand on his shoulder. With my other hand, I held his own free one as I brought us to sway to the beat of the music. “It’s not really hard,” I stated as we danced.

I looked up at him, giving him a smile before placing my head on his chest as we swayed to the music. This moment was absolutely perfect. The music played in the background as we ignored the other couples on the dance floor. We stepped in sync, and he seemed to hum along to the music that played.

“Thank you, Krissy,” he whispered after some time of us dancing together. He looked down at me with a grin on his face that caused me to grin back at him. “I appreciate it that you are patient with me.”

“It still surprises me that you are still trying to get used to this new era,” I teased, giving him a light laugh as he chuckled. “But it is good to take baby steps. I am not going to force you into this period of time, since it is a huge culture shock.”

“I am glad that you are in my life now, rather than having Tony try to punch things into my head and he always tells me to get with the time,” he stated, a sigh coming from his lips, “I am glad that someone is actually taking the time to know me and take things slow with me. I haven’t even left the tower for a long period of time before I found you again.”

I mocked a gasp, and he rose a brow at me. “What a poor soul, I am glad that you did find me then,” I spoke, laughing gently.

“Oh, and now you are making fun of me?” he questioned, shaking his head, and he laughed lightly as we continued to dance to the slow song. “You are very cruel.”

“You have to poke fun at it, Captain,” I teased, winking at him.

He shook his head before he pulled me closer to him. A smile embraced my features as I rested my head against his chest again, listening to his steady heartbeat. From that moment I had silently vowed that I will slowly teach him the ways of the new time. Baby steps, that is all it took.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much everyone for being there for me!
Especially to:
kristinvengeance
JustThinking
Emmelz Liebe
Taco!Lover

It is nice to know that there are people who care for somebody they do not personally.
I love you readers.

I am not getting kicked out of my house.
I worked everything out with my mother, so it's okay now.

I just had to have faith.

Please do look at my Tumblr.
http://creativeyuna.tumblr.com/

I try to update as much as I can on there and I will like questions to be asked about my stories or anything you would like to know. c:

I am highly thinking about making a Facebook page, but I need votes on that because I know everyone doesn't have a Tumblr. Then again, people like to be private on Facebook too.

Honestly, I think I will be posting more updates if I did have a Facebook.
I need your votes, my fellow readers.

I will be also posting this on my Tumblr.

This is a long author's note, but I need feedback on it.
<3