Save Me

Surprises

Jenn opened the door, and the three men entered. No word was said, and only heavy looks were exchanged. Pain, love, sympathy, a silent concert of emotions.

"You got fat.", Jimmy finally said, which caused everyone to laugh.

"Thank you, bro", Brian winked.

"Common guys, just...sit down or something, it's stressing me to stay up like this.", Matt suggested.

Brian smiled politely. He didn't really know what to think. he was, of course, happy and surprised to see his friends. But maybe things could turn bad. He really didin't want to argue with Matt, or with any of his friends. In fact, he only wanted things to be as they were, a few years ago.

"So, how have you been, man?", Zack asked.

"Not so bad. It's not exactly paradise here, but I am in good hands", he said, raise his head to smile at Jenn.

"Thank you, Mr Haner", she smiled back.

"Yeah, I agree with you, Brian. It's only thank to her that I am here today. She convinced me that it was really important for you to see me..."

Brian tensed. Matt's words were painful, and it was exactly the kind of things he didin't want to hear right know.

"... and that it was important for me too. For all of us."

To say that Brian was surprised by this last sentence would be an understatement.

"I mean, i don't know if in a thousand years i'll forgive you for what you've done, but what I know is that I can't live without you in my life..."

Small tears rolled on Brian's cheak while he was trying to put words in a good order to respond to Matt.

"Daaaaamn, man you sound so fucking gay.", was what he found.

Jenn bursted out laughing, and so did the trio.

"Shut up, dickhead, I was just trying to be nice."

"I know", Brian said, "and you have no idea how good it sounds. I was so afraid to be alone. Now I have a real goal, I mean it's worth it to fight for life since you're apparently waiting for me."

Jenn couldn't countain her bright smile. That was exactly was she expected.

"It's hard to get rid of us, B. Of course we're here for you and we'll wait until you're out of this creapy hospital!" Jimmy exclaimed. He turned to Jenn. "Sorry Doctor, I didn't want to insult your...place of work".

"It's okay, M. Sullivan, this place IS creapy."

The guys stayed for one hour and a half in Brian's room. Jenn didn't know if she should wait outside or stay with them. She didn't feel at her place, but she enjoyed watching Brian smiling and joking with his friends. She had never saw him like this.

When the three men decided to leave, she stayed a few minutes in Brian's room.

"So, how do you feel, M. Haner?"

"It's hard to tell. My heart is beating s fast now. And I think my hands are shaking. But i'm okay... I think I feel good."

"I am so proud of you, for what you said and for your behavior today."

"Thanks. You know, what I said early, i meant it. You are amazing. And I couldn't do this without you."

"Don't worry Brian, I am here and I don't intend to leave you, I promise."

She came closer to him and kissed his cheak softly. "See you tomorrow M. Haner".

And then, she left the room.

She was surprised to see Tedd behind the door.

"Oh, Tesd. What brings you here?"

"Bad news. Follow me to my office."

Jenn did as she was told. "So, what kind of bad news?"

"The governement is sending an expert to see if Brian's therapy is working, if... it's worth it to keep going, if you see what i mean..."

"When?", Jenn asked wide eyed.

"Tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hy guys. That's me again after several months of silence ^^
I am so sorry for that. I hope that this chapter will be as...good as you expected.
Thanks again for reading/subscribing and for your comments.

And I apologize for all my grammar mistakes. I think my english isn't as good as it used to be :/