Status: Active! Updates will be slow for now, but comments can speed it up :P

A Final Night

The Call

After Luke left, he went back to his books and fell asleep Michael J. Fox style into a European History book. The side of his face was covered in drool. Oliver was woken by the sound of “Barbie Girl,” playing on his phone. He frantically grabbed everything in arm’s length. When he finally grabbed his phone, he looked at the name, Luke which flashed across the screen.

“I’m going to kill you,” said Oliver groggily.

A laugh came from the opposite line. “Was my little Ollie sleeping!? Aww, that’s so cute. It’s only 8:00! Anyway, we’re ready, so get your stuff and we’ll be there in five minutes,” Luke replied excitedly.

Luke whipped his head to look at the clock. He fell asleep for two hours, two hours that he didn’t have. “Fine, I’ll see you then, but if you ever mess with my ringtones again, be prepared for a duel to the death,” Oliver responded half jokingly.

“It better be a light saber battle! Otherwise, I’m not showing up! See you in five, hot stuff!” said Luke as he quickly hung up the phone before Oliver could reply.

Oliver looked around the room for a sweatshirt and a pair of shoes. He flailed about in the dark while trying to pull on his shoes. Note to self: Untie Converse before putting them on, he thought.

He transferred the wallet from the desk into the pocket of his jeans and climbed out of the window. The night sky was spotted with stars and the moon was hidden behind the dark clouds, a bit of hope behind the darkness. Oliver jumped off of the roof and onto the grass below. A sharp pain ran up his ankle, but he dismissed it and walked it off. The night was welcoming as the breeze ruffled his hair. It was calling him; its dark shadows were pulling, reeling him in.

“Hello! Earth to Ollie! I was trying to scare you with my signature, ‘Boo,’ but instead, your mind is on a planet that is light-years away from this galaxy. I know you just woke up, but that amazing ring tone should have jolted you awake. Come on, Barbie!” said Luke with a chuckle as he shook Oliver by the shoulders.

Oliver snapped out of it and shook his head a few times to shake away that feeling of losing himself in the shadows. “Oh, sorry. I thought I saw something. Never mind. Anyway, what are we up to for tonight? Knowing you, we’ll probably be going to some elaborate party hosted by a person weird enough to come straight from The Twilight Zone,” replied Oliver.

A girl appeared from behind Luke’s car and walked over toward the boys. She had beautiful curly brown hair that draped over her shoulders like a curtain. Her eyes were just as captivating; they were deep pools of blue-green, like the clear oceans off the coast of Florida. She was the most beautiful girl he ever met.

Luke leaned in toward Oliver and whispered, “Dude, your mouth is open.”

Oliver quickly shut his mouth so that he wouldn’t look like a complete dunce in front of Serenity. He started to fidget in place the longer she looked at him. She seemed to be studying him as if he interested her. They both met each other’s eyes and looked away shyly.

“Okay, Luke. So, where are you taking us?” asked Oliver for the millionth time.

“It’s a surprise! Where would the fun go if I just told you where we were going? In fact, to continue my theatrics, I will blindfold the both of you on our way there,” said Luke with a mischievous look in his eye. He grabbed two pieces of black cloth and wrapped it over Serenity’s and Oliver’s eyes. It cut off all light from the outside world and they were both in utter darkness, open to the dangers that lurk beneath every shadow.

Luke led them to a simple black Corolla. He opened the doors and placed Oliver and Serenity next to each other in the back seat, practically forcing them to socialize.

I am a genius, thought Luke as he closed the door behind him and hopped into the driver’s seat. He started the engine and drove into the shadows of the night, completely walking into the arms of danger and fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, everyone! Thanks to my friend, Kate, I have 3 subscribers! :P I'm hoping more people will read my story. I think I might post another Chapter tonight because this one is so short, so comment and let me know how you like the story! I like getting some feedback, so thanks for reading. :)