Sequel: The New Generation

Sherlock's Girl

Mycrofts Visit

When John returned from the shops, the flat was quiet, too quiet, especially seeing as Sherlock was back. At the top of the stairs he heard low mumbles, two male voices, in other words Mycroft was there. John opened the door.

"Hello Mycroft." John mumbled, before actually looking at him.

"Good Morning John, I heard you took my brother's fake death quite well. I expected something more dramatic from you." Mycroft smirked. John ignored this comment and went into the kitchen to put the milk in the fridge. From the living room Mycroft broke the silence, "So where is my adopted niece". He seemed to spit the word "niece" out like it had a bad taste.

Sherlock gave his brother an evil look, "She is asleep, Mycroft. And you are not to disturb her." At this point Sapphire walked out of Sherlock's room, where she made been sleeping. She offered her hand to Mycroft.

"Hello Sir, I am Sapphire." Mycroft looked at her, with a puzzled look, she wasn't anything really special.

"It's nice to meet you. I am Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's older brother. And I hold a small position in the British Government." Mycroft said, as he shook her hand.

Sapphire looked at the man and laughed. "If you held a small position in the British Government, then I am the Queen of Timbuktu." A smile formed on Sherlock's face. Mycroft looked confused.

"What do you mean child?" Mycroft demanded. Sapphire rolled her eyes at the man who sat in front of her. She glanced at Sherlock who was biting his bottom lip trying not to laugh.

Sapphire just looked at Mycroft. "Don't patronise me. You arrived in a posh black car. Similar to the car Sherlock and me arrived in yesterday. Someone with a small position in the Government doesn't have access to cars at their will. Plus the adoption papers on the table, they are still in Sherlock's name. Hard to come by, legal papers for a dead man. You know. Someone with your class will not want people knowing your baby brother faked his own death. So minor position, flies straight out the window. I would say you're more Prime Minister Level, no. Scrap that higher." A chuckle escaped from Sherlock's mouth, as Mycroft's face showed a look of confusion. But slowly he recomposed himself.

"Now I see why you picked her Sherlock. She is so like you. Smart, looks through any lie in seconds, and just as ignorant." Mycroft smirked.

"Mycroft!" John and Sherlock yelled at the same time. Sapphire stood there laughing.

"Don't worry guys, if he says something I don't like, he will know about it." Sapphire said, a smile forming on her face. Sherlock looked at Sapphire laughing, knowing she was serious after her threat the day before. Mycroft just sat and looked at the girl. He had only met the girl 5 minutes ago. But could see why Sherlock was so protective of her. John had known the child for less than 24 hours, but was just as protective of her. This had become a small family unit in less than a day.

The four of them sat for half an hour. Sherlock, John and Mycroft in a quiet conversation. While Sapphire sat on the floor by the fire reading. Today "Pride and Prejudice" Mycroft left around 12, saying that an important client was expecting him. He bid them good bye, giving one last glance at Sapphire, before leaving. When he had left, Sherlock gave a sigh of relief. "You two don't get along, do you?" Sapphire said, still deep in her book.

Sherlock chuckled, "Is it really that obvious?"

Sapphire looked at him and smiled, "Not really, but the way you speak to each other has hints of unfriendliness about it, but I have a feeling it is worse in public." She laughed at her own sarcastic tone, as she returned to her book.

By one, Sherlock was going crazy, running around the flat, claiming he was bored. The look on John's face gave Sapphire the impression it got a lot worse. The gun shot marks in wall and the spray paint smiley face showed her the extent of Sherlock's boredom.

"Can we go out Sherlock? Can we?" Sapphire announced, after she got fed up with his pacing. Sherlock looked at her, puzzled.

"Why?" he questioned.

"Cause I want to go shopping... What do you think Sherlock! 1- I haven't been to the library today; my book supply is running low. 2- You are driving me insane, with your pacing. The fresh air will do you some good." John looked at the pair of them and decided it was time to intervene.

"Well Sapphire you do need new clothes, you have only 3 sets. Plus Sherlock will buy you some of your own books." John smiled at the two of them. But Sapphire's face dropped.

"No. John I cannot spend your two's money. I am fine with what I have. I was just suggesting we got out of this stuffy flat, before Sherlock shoots the poor wall, and from what I see, it won't be the first time. "Sapphire protested.

Sherlock chuckled, "Aha yes I did shoot the wall before. But Sapphire, John is right. You need new things..."

"No Sherlock! I will not allow you to waste your money on me! You have bills to pay, and food to buy, as well as your own clothes!" Sapphire yelled.

"Sapphire, calm! The money I get from some cases last me over a year with plenty to spare." Sherlock said calmly.

John chipped in at this point. "Sapphire, it is true, one case he got over £20,000. He has plenty. Plus we go half's on the rent and food. So it is fine."

Sapphire realised she was outnumbered. "Okay. But we are shopping at Primemark."

The 3 of them returned to Baker Street by 4:30 that afternoon. Each carrying plenty of bags. Sherlock and John had spoiled Sapphire, even though she tried to stop them. They had brought her a new wardrobe's worth of clothes, an iPhone and iPod touch. As well as 50 odd books. John went into the kitchen to make dinner, but Sherlock and Sapphire claimed they were fine. Sapphire, slouched on the sofa and opened one of her new books, and became lost in the words.

Sherlock sat in his chair by the fire, and looked at Sapphire and smiled. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his phone and sent a text.

2 minutes later in East London Lestrade's mobile bleeped.

1 NEW MESSAGE.

He retrieved his phone of the side, and opened the he read it a smile formed over his face.

"I am not dead. Ready for any case. You know where I am.- SH"

Anderson came up behind him as he closed the message.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Just an old friend, say he is around if I need his help" he smiled at Anderson, and walked off. Leaving him stuck there, pondering over what he had just heard.