Sequel: The New Generation

Sherlock's Girl

Arguing with Sapphire

After Evelyn left, Sapphire ran up the stairs. But before she could get half way, Sherlock shouted down, "No Sapphire! Back down now!" She paused on the stairs considering Sherlock's order, but she decided to ignore him, as she carried on up the stairs. When she reached the top of the stairs Sherlock glared at her.

"I said back down stairs Sapphire." He said, with authority in his voice.

Sapphire just rolled her eyes at him, "Well I don't care!" While she said this she gave Sherlock one of her "I will hurt you looks".

Sherlock sighed, "Alright then. John we are going out." Sherlock said grabbing his coat.

Sapphire did the same, "I am coming with you."

Sherlock turned and looked at her. "No, you are staying right here." Sherlock growled.

"Deal with it Sherlock, I will go with you where, ever you go. And I will be involved. Whether you like it or not." Sherlock had a look of thunder cast over his face.

"Fine! But you will just listen! And when we need to go out, you are to stay right here. Agree?" Sherlock said. Sapphire looked as if she was going to fight back. "No buts!" Sherlock said with authority in his voice.

Sapphire looked at Sherlock and decided some involvement was better than none at all. So she nodded her head. Sherlock breathed in happy Sapphire was to him.

"Good now we can get on with things..." Sherlock started but John cut him off.

"Sherlock! You need to update Sapphire on what is going on. Otherwise she won't understand." John said looking at the girl.

Sherlock just sighed. "John I don't need to tell her anything. She will be fine. She probably understands what is going on at this very moment. Besides if she doesn't understand, well then that is for the best. Don't you think? Seeing as I would rather not have her involvement." Sherlock looked at John who was looking at Sapphire. Sapphire sat on the sofa nodding at Sherlock to continue.

Sherlock went into his conclusions. "Great! I knew he wasn't dead but I thought he had been fooled by my suicide. Unless he has been fooled and is using Miss Morstan to check if I am alive..."

"So we could have been talking to a woman who is going straight back to Moriarty, who by now probably knows that you are alive so will come here to kill you properly this time." John roared at the idea of Moriarty knowing Sherlock wasn't dead.

Sherlock just sighed. "If you had let me finish John, I would have said, Miss Morstan doesn't know Moriarty personally."

John looked a Sherlock still angry about the idea. "How do you know? Sherlock? How do you know?"

Sapphire looked at the two men who sat bickering for a moment. They look like a married couple, she thought. John and Sherlock looked at her.

"Ooops. I said that out loud didn't I?" She enquired. The pair remained staring at her and nodded. Instead of an embarrassed look casting over Sapphires expression, she just burst into fits of laughter.

Sherlock glared at her, "Sapphire, take this seriously." Sapphire saw Sherlock's expression, so decided it was best to compose herself. Letting them continue.

Sherlock snapped back to the conversation and looked at John and rolled his eyes. "John you know my methods by now. It is easy to know this by her suit, mobile and bracelet." John just gave Sherlock a blank stare. Sherlock sighed, knowing he was going to have to explain himself. Sherlock looked at Sapphire who seemed to understand, even after her silly outburst. "I know she isn't going straight to Moriarty because, 1- Her outfit, John, was well worn. Moriarty would let one of his informants go around, looking like they had lived and slept in the same outfit for a year. He cares about self-image too much. 2- Her mobile cheap one, if she was working for Moriarty she would be able to afford something a little more expensive. Plus it was flashing; she had a new message from her fiancé, Henry."

"Could be her brother Sherlock." John commented.

Sherlock ignored John's comment and continued. "3- Her bracelet, with the engraving "To my soul mate Evelyn, Love always Henry" Don't think a brother gives gifts like that, do you John, and boyfriends are also not likely to put something like that a bracelet, plus the engagement ring on her finger gives it away slightly. Moriarty tends to work in circles that are tight and a woman soon to be married isn't a really good idea. How many time do I have to tell you to observe things not just see them." The pair stared at each other in silence.

"Well. That may seem all good but how are you going to get in the flat to look around?" Sapphire said, breaking the silence. "You can't go Sherlock, because this Moriarty fellow will definitely know you are still alive. Plus you can't send John because he doesn't solve the crimes; you do, so again Moriarty will know you are not dead."

Sherlock's expression went blank. "She is right John. How are we supposed to get in the flat...?" Sherlock and John stood there pondering the problem in silence.

Sapphire decided now was the time to chirp in, "I could go!"

With that all hell broke loose, Sherlock and John's heads snapped around. They both started speaking at the same time.

"No you will not! I said to you, that you will stay in this flat, concerning this case!" Sherlock roared.

"Sapphire, hunny, it isn't something someone your age should be doing." John said, in a much calmer tone than Sherlock.

Sapphire looked at the pair in disbelief. "Do not try the good cop, bad cop thing with me! Besides I am the only person, you know that can think the same way as Sherlock does. Unless you count Umbrella Boy but Sherlock doesn't like asking him favours." Glancing at her adoption papers that lay on the kitchen table.

John looked at Sherlock and sighed, "She has got a point Sherlock."

Sherlock pulled John to one side and whispered to him. "I know she has a point John, but Moriarty is involved, and you know what he is capable of John. I don't want her to be hurt. I don't know how I could live with myself, if she was harmed." Sherlock and John's faces darkened with fear, they looked at Sapphire who stood hands on hips, glaring at the 2 men in front of her. They looked at each other once more before Sherlock declared defeat.

"Okay Sapphire, you can go." In the corner of is eye Sherlock saw Sapphire celebrate with a small dance. "But you will Skype us when your there, and text us your whereabouts to and from Miss Morstan's flat. Even though they allowed her to go, John and Sherlock still had a feeling of fear as they waited for 4 o'clock which would bring about Evelyn's return.