Status: First time! Treat me well please! :)

Warring Minds

He Caught Me

I didn't know where I was running-I hadn't known where I was to start out with anyway. I was subconsciously aware that I should not head back to town because they might follow me, but what could I do without a sense of direction. I felt like a broken compass, desperately searching for the right way to go but unable, so instead I just frantically spin in all directions hoping to accomplish the impossible task.
Tearing through the forest at top speed, I was only minimally aware of anything else but running. My central focus was motivation to propel forward; however, as I ran I heard voices all around me, as if the sounds were echoing off the trees. Taunts jabbed through my concentration to my ears and I couldn't help but feel disoriented. I fell over a log but quickly picked myself up. My breathing was ragged and reminded me of the sound of someone on the brink of death. The crunching of the leaves and branches under me suddenly seemed louder. Laughter violated me from all directions.
“First one to catch him wins!” one of the voices shouted, mocks and low chuckles echoing back to it. That pissed me off. Is my life just a game to them? My family? My kingdom.
As I ran through a small clearing, I got a powerful blow to my side that knocked me right off my feet and pounded me into the ground. The pure impact took all the breath from my lungs and my chest was heaving even more than before. I slowly realized that the blow was actually a person. Not only had they tackled me so suddenly, they now had me pinned to the ground, using just one hand to hold both of my wrists above my head and straddling my waist so I couldn't move my lower half to escape.
It may sound ridiculous, but all of those details were in the back of my mind as I stared up at him. Both our chests rose and fell heavily, his clearly well-defined, and he had an excited grin on his gorgeous, self-satisfied face. His dark brown hair had volume and was brushed to the side, but was a little messy, most likely from the rigorous activity we had just completed. His brown eyes, framed with long lashes, looked into mine with a hint of amusement, but he seemed almost as unable to tear his gaze away from me than I him.
Hm. If these were the kinds of guys normally sent out to capture prisoners, I don't really mind the chase...
♠ ♠ ♠
Falling asleep! Ahhhh!
Well, here you are! Some action. It's really short, but I wanted to give you something tonight and I really am about to fall asleep. How do you feel about it so far?
It says I have a few subscibers and no readers. Confused...
Please comment and subscribe!