Status: First time! Treat me well please! :)

Warring Minds

Officially Captured

I was pulled from my less-than-appropriate thoughts and my gaze away from his as the rest of the guys showed up, collapsing on the ground around us when they noticed I was already detained.
“God James...this is impossible...how...are we supposed to have a chance...when you are always...the fastest!” one of the other soldiers managed to get out. The man on top of me, James I guessed it was, just chuckled and shot the other an apologetic glance. I felt the vibrations of his laughter throughout my body and noticed that my breath and heart-beat were getting back to normal, as were his.
“Now lets see what we have here” James muttered absentmindedly as he averted his eyes toward me. He only studied my appearance for a moment before his eyes widened slightly, his mouth forming a small o-shape. He recovered quickly and his shock turned into a smirk. “Isn't this a surprise?” he questioned gleefully to no one in particular.
“What is it?” the same man as earlier inquired. I grimaced, knowing that he knew who I was and not looking forward to whatever outcome was next on my path, even if this beautiful man was involved.
“Well John, it seems we have captured the Prince of Diagon” he replied happily, but thoughtfully as well. “See the crest on his shirt?” Damn crest. “This could either be very, very good or really bad,” James mused to himself.
“Are we really going to take the Prince of the kingdom we are currently in negotiations with, prisoner?” John asked incredulously.
“If we don't, he will go inform their king that we were scouting here, which would probably cut the negotiations short anyway. If we take him at least we might have an advantage. They'll want him back and they might be willing to give something up in order for that wish to be fulfilled,” he explained patiently.
“You're wrong,” I spoke as calmly as I could, but still in a strong voice. They all stared at me in shock, as I have remained silent up till now. “My mother, father, and I agreed long ago that we would not bargain or beg if one of us was taken. We are not prideful, but we do have dignity, so I suggest you wipe that thought from your mind and reconsider,” I said, successful in hiding my panic at what might happen to me because of this policy.
They all seemed to recover after a short moment, some shaking their heads slightly to snap out of it. James narrowed his eyes at me and his grip on my wrists tightened. I tried not to wince.
“Your words won't make me release you. I do not appreciate being fooled. Besides, I will take you back with me regardless,” James seethed at me.
I narrowed my eyes right back at him and tugged against his hand unsuccessfully. “I was not expecting you to release me because of what I said. In fact, I fully believe that you will not listen to anything I say. I merely spoke the truth so you wouldn't have false beliefs for the events that will soon take place, but whether or not you heed my words is your own concern!” He only stared at me with an unreadable expression before he held his hand out in expectation.
I watched as John handed him rope, then was caught off guard as the pressure on me suddenly lessened and I was jerked upwards a little too hard. James still held my wrists in his hand as he used the other to wrap the rope tightly around them. I winced when he tied to final knot, knowing my wrists would be sore later.
“He'll ride with me,” James spoke up authoritatively and mounted a horse after John handed him the reins. My breath left me in a tiny squeak when I was suddenly lifted toward James, who almost effortlessly pulled me on so I was sitting in front of him on his horse. He waited until the other men had mounted their own, then loudly said, “We'll ride there without stopping!” At those words he whipped the reins and the horse jolted forward, steering around and then forward at his command.
I felt the adrenaline run out of me, leaving me utterly exhausted. As I became less alert, my most prominent sensations were the rhythmic beating of the hooves and the heat radiating from the man who had his arms around me, holding me in place. With these feelings in the forefront of my mind, I was lulled to sleep, temporarily freed from the pain and worries of this terrifying situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why, but I like keeping my chapters shorter. Takes less time to give you something, but still enough to keep you entertained.
Thanks to pplz123456789pplz for being my first commentor! It really meant a lot and kept me motivated! Hope more comments come soon!!
Please comment and subscirbe :)))