There Goes My Hero

The Avengers

“I'm going to get sick if you keep driving like this!” Kirstie complained as we weaved through traffic.

“Well, it's either this or we're late. You pick.” I said, swerving to avoid a taxi. I managed to get us to where we needed to be, without killing us. Excuse me, I'm the best damn driver there is.

We grabbed our bags, slinging them over our shoulders and flashing our ID’s at security. Natasha met us halfway, giving us what we needed to know before we got on the carrier. Kirstie and I, work for the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. In short, S.H.I.E.L.D. Its not a job you find on monster.com and send in a resume. They find you, they known everything about you, somethings your mom doesn't know about you. Kirstie and I have been best friends since we were children, we never got into any sort of trouble, but our extensive backgrounds in martial arts helped us one day at a big bank. We were heroes, and they liked that. So here we are. But that's the short version.

“Quarters are here, right across from each other, of course.” Natasha said, throwing in a little laugh as she looked over at us. “Let me know if you need anything.” she said, taking off down the hall.

“Wonder what's going on?” Kirstie said, throwing her bag into her living quarters and making sure the door locked.

“Dunno. Heard it has to do with the Avengers though. I know everyone is here. Well...not right this second. I guess they're picking up something.” I said, shrugging a little as I hooked up my computer to the database.

“Well, I'm gonna go get changed.” she said, smiling as she walked out. The door closed and I let out a large sigh.

I checked email, reading everything thoroughly, so as to not miss anything important from the boss. I twitched uncomfortably and removed my gun from my garter, carefully placing it on the desk. It was quiet...really quiet. Something was up, I knew from the way Natasha forced her smile, the way people watched us as we walked in. Even boss...there was something big heading our way, I just knew it. A few hours after we arrived, the team had come back. A prisoner was being lead down the halls. I could hear the guards heavy boots stomping against the metal floors. I felt something in the air. My door opened as I neared and watched them walk past.

The man they had, was breathtakingly beautiful. Sharp cheekbones, like they were cut of glass, piercing green eyes, towering height, and jet black hair. He held a wicked smile as he walked by, looking into my eyes as I did the same. I felt a chill down to my core and discreetly gripped the frame of the door for balance. Once he was gone, everything went back to normal. I suddenly felt a little heavy, like the air became thick. I slowly took a cautionary step out of the room and right into a pair of thick, muscular arms.

“Whoa there!” the person said. I blinked and looked up, seeing him holding me tightly into his chest, a look of concern across his features. “You alright, miss?” he asked. I cleared my throat a little before I opened my mouth to speak.

“Yes...thank you.” I said. We were in an awkward position. He was holding me in almost a full dip, but with a bear arms. “I think I'm alright to stand, Captain Rogers.” I said. He blushed, yes, blushed, and right me onto my feet.

“Sorry, miss. You looked faint, so I was coming over to ask if you needed a doctor then you just kind of...collapsed on me. Sorry, again.” he rambled.

“Completely alright.” I said, straightening my skirt a little.

“Well...you know me. Obviously, I mean, you work here so...” he trailed off.

“Agent Kvistad.” I said, smiling and putting my hand out to shake his.

“Wow, that's....a mouthful.” he said, rubbing his neck before taking my hand, regaining composure and kissing the back of my hand.

“You could just call me Agent Kay or Norway, that's what my friend calls me.” I said. He nodded and smiled at me again.

“So...I'll see you around?” he said.

“Yes. Have a good day, Captain Rogers.” I said. He smiled and turned on his heel, going back in the direction he came.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH!
Saw the Avengers recently and I just...loooove it!
I want to see it again!
And I need to buy it before I leave for college!
And I'm incredibly confused by this new layout thing!

Katie

KIIIIIRSTIIIIE