There Goes My Hero

You Look Normal!

While Kirstie talked to the two Norse Gods, I showered and got dressed. Kirstie had promised to go out to breakfast and I wasn't about to let those two men stop me from eating. I hadn't eaten at all since breakfast the other day and with all the fighting, my body was hating me right now. I finished up and slid on heels and threw my stuff into my purse. Kirstie was talking to them as if they were old friends when I walked out. She smiled up at me then it fell a little as she looked over at them.

“Don't back out on me, Kirstie! I'm starving to death!” I said. She stood and straightened out her shirt.

“Do Gods eat?” she asked them.

“Of course!” Thor said, a wide smile coming across his face. She gave me a pleading look, but I wasn't so sure letting Loki out into a city was a good idea, especially when they looked like they did. People would think we were either crazy or there was a convention in town.

“Do we really need that kind of attention?” I whispered. Kirstie sighed and thought for a minute.

“You seem perfectly fine with bringing a gun out with you.” Loki said. I stared at him, shocked that he could even tell that I had it on me. My skirt was flowy enough that you couldn't see it.

“I don't have it with me.” I said. He smirked and crossed his arms, leaning back a little.

“Shall I check?” he said, a smirk on his face. I glared at him as I hiked my skirt and pulled it out, throwing it on the kitchen counter.

“I wanted to get my nails done after.” I said to Kirstie, wiggling my hands at her. She smiled at me and did the same to me.

“Me too. But I don't know if they'll wait around.” she said.

“We don't mind.” Thor said.

“Well...you need to look sort of normal.” she said. I knew she was going to ask if I had anything of Eric's. I did but I wasn't about to have other people wear it. “Give us an hour!” she said, taking my arm and dragging me out of the apartment.

“We're really going to buy them clothes?” I asked.

“Well, do you want them out here with those outfits on?” she asked.

“Good point.” I said.

We spent the next hour running around the city, grabbing things and going back to the apartment as quickly as we possibly could. We got back and practically threw them into our bathrooms. As we waited, I played with my diamond studs, the ones my fiancee had given me a month before he disappeared. My fiancee, Eric, was working for S.H.I.E.L.D as well as I. We were in love and were together for almost two years before he proposed. Of course I had said yes. About three months later, he went on a mission with his team. His team were all killed and he was missing in action. They searched high and low for him but he was gone without a trace. It's been about a year or so since he disappeared and I constantly wear the earrings or my old ring, whenever I'm not working. Fury promised that he would never give up on looking for him. He knew how much it meant to me but I eventually told him to just stop. We haven't spoken about it since then and even Kirstie doesn't talk much about it to me. She knows how much I still grieve.

“Katie?” she asked quietly.

“What's up?” I replied, now focusing on her.

“You okay?” she asked. I nodded slowly, she didn't say anything else. When the guys came back out, Kirstie looked like she was going to have a heart attack. I glanced over and I knew exactly how she was feeling. Damn.

“Is this alright?” Thor asked.

“Yeah....yeah! You look normal!” she said, pulling me off the couch with her. Loki looked...holy mother of Mary. I had to focus on my grandmother's ring or else I would be staring just like I did when he first came onto the ship. “Let's go!” she said. Thor and her started to head out and I was about to follow when Loki took my hand, tugging me back. They just kept walking.

“What do you want?” I sort of snapped.

“Your forgiveness, if it is possible.” he said. His eyes were full of honesty but I was still weary of him.

“Why?” I asked.

“I have been...for lack of a better term, like a monster.” he said. “I am truly sorry for hurting you and others.” I just stared at him. Was he being serious? Because I have never seen a villain with such remorse. Something was telling me that he wasn't in complete control during the attack.

“I'm not sorry I shot you.” I said. He let out a laugh and smiled.

“No harm done on your end...but will you forgive me?” he asked.

“You killed people, Loki. It's not easy to forgive people for that.” I said, twisting the ring on my finger. “It'll take some time.”

“Of course. But eventually?” he asked.

“Yes. Eventually.” I said. He nodded and smiled at me as he pulled me along with him, hoping to catch up to Thor and Kirstie.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it was soooo hot yesterday
and now it's cooled down and its weird!
AH I ONLY HAVE TWO MORE DAYS!
Then I'm done with High School, FOREVER!

Katie

KIRSTIE MCFLY hahaha