There Goes My Hero

I'll Catch Up

I sat here, tied to a chair in a dark room. I felt like I was in some creepy spy movie, the only difference was it was real life, and I couldn’t get out. I drifted in and out of consciousness from how hard Eric had beaten me and my head was bleeding, making me become more disoriented. I had started to come back when I heard the door open, seeing someone come in but they were engulfed in darkness.

I woke myself up and I knew Eric would be coming back for something horrible, so I leaned forward in the chair and when he got close enough since I was tied to the chair, I would swing around and hit him with the chair, hopefully breaking it and knocking him down long enough that I could get away. But as I started to get up, I got dizzy and I knew I wouldn’t be able to fight him, I just had to hope I could do something to defend myself.

“Kirstie,” I heard a different voice gasp.

As the person emerged from the darkness, I saw the familiar stars and stripes and kind eyes looking back at me. He dropped his shield and ran over to me, untying me from the chair.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I pushed out.

“We have to get out of here, Tony is going to get Katie,” He told me, grabbing his shield as I tried to stand up.

As I did so, with the blood I lost and the beating I took, I started to get dizzy again and almost passed out but Steve caught me before I could fall.

“Go Steve, I’ll catch up,” I replied.

“No, you’re coming with me now. We need to go,” He said, putting his shield on his back and picking me up in his arms, running out of the building.

Steve took me over behind some trees to have protection and be hidden from sight as he laid me down but kept one arm around me, holding my head against his chest. He pushed the hair out of my face and saw the blood on my face.

“Kirstie, stay with me,” Steve spoke up, resting his hand on my cheek.

“I’m okay,” I assured him.

He gazed into my eyes, and I held his hand in my mine as he slowly started moving closer. I closed my eyes and forgot about how bad of a concussion I had or how I was bleeding and relaxed. His soft lips connected with mine and slowly caressed my lips with his. I forgot about everything and in that moment, Steve was my world and I couldn’t think about anything but him.

We were broken out of our moment when we heard people running. I looked and saw Tony and Katie coming out, giving me a sudden burst of energy and I got up, hugging Katie tightly.

“Did he hurt you?” Katie questioned.

“I'm okay,” I nodded and Katie quickly got her knife and started to head back in.

“Whoa, whoa. Let's not just run in there.” Steve put his warm hand on her arm.

“See this?” She replied, showing a wound on her hand. “He's good as dead.”

“We should wait for the two Gods. Maybe they can help.” Tony spoke up since the sky was getting dark and thunder was striking.

“Every second we wait, he keeps making soldiers.” Katie stated.

“Katie, maybe someone else should do it.” I gently told her, getting my gun, ready to go in.

“Just another target. That's all he is, Okay, they're here and I'm going in. If I'm not out in twenty, send someone after me,” Katie told us, now that Thor and Loki had come.

“You aren't going alone.” Loki told her as he followed her in.

I don’t know if it was the loss of blood, or my worry of Katie going in there to face Eric, but I fell unconscious again. Maybe I’ll wake up and find this is all some kind of a weird dream and I’m really just a normal person, I have a feeling I won’t though….
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw Chris Evans on a perfume add at Macy's today...hahaha

Kirstie and Captain Rodgers

comments?