There Goes My Hero

Taking a Break

Kirstie was being treated by the doctors for the night. I wanted to stay but Steve insisted that I go back to the apartment. I knew she would be in good hands so I agreed. As I walked out though, Nick was waiting for me. He didn't say anything, just motioned for me to follow him. I had a bad feeling about whatever was about to happen. We went out to his office, where he sighed and clicked a few things on the display he had. My file came up and he sorted through it before an option came up; Leave of Absence or Honorary Discharge.

“Sir, I don't need to leave!” I said.

“Agent, you just had to see your ex fiancee try to kill everyone. That's means for a vacation.” He said.

“I don't need time off.” I said. He raised an eyebrow before clicking Leave of Absence. “Sir!” I complained.

“Take some time off. Your mental health is more important.” he said. “Go to some island and just relax. You need it. Now, go home.” he said.

I sighed and turned, leaving his office. I was officially on leave from S.H.I.E.L.D and I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. Maybe I could go back to Norway and visit my family, I haven't spoken to the in a while. Or maybe take that trip to Australia that I always wanted. Or maybe Fiji or Spain. The list was endless and all I had to do was buy a ticket and leave in the morning. But with Kirstie injured, I didn't plan on leaving anytime soon in case she got worse. I knew Steve wouldn't let anything happen to her but she's like my sister, we've been friends since...I can't even remember its been a long time. I was going to go back to see Kirstie and see if she was feeling any better but I'm sure her and Steve were talking. Now, I was just standing in the middle of the hall, picking at the bandage around my hand.

“Taking a break?” I heard Loki say. I turned and saw him standing a few feet behind me. He was starting to get the hang of dressing normally, it was...nice.

“Against my will.” I said, rolling my eyes a little.

“I'm sure its for your own good.” he said.

“I need to stay occupied, not sit around and think about everything.” I said.

“Just go on a trip.” he said.

“I really never go anywhere without Kirstie.” I said. “I hate going places alone.” I mumbled. He smiled and let out a loud laugh.

“You certainly don't give off that impression. You constantly want to go alone.” he said, an amused look on his face.

“That's work. I'm not that person everyday. That stays with S.H.I.E.L.D when I finish a mission.” I said, leaning against the wall.

“I see. Could I come? I have always wondered about the islands in Midgard.” he said.

“I'm not leaving yet! I want to wait until Kirstie is better.” I said.

“Of course. I will be back soon.” he said, kissing my head and walking away. I just stood there, planted in my spot. Maybe I should take a vacation before I go crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its kind of short guys!
I didn't want to put too much in this chapter
haha ;)

GOOOO KIIIIRSTIEEEEEEE!!!