There Goes My Hero

I Am Not Aggressive!

The meeting was short, sweet and to the point. Loki was, if I may quote Dr. Banner, “That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.” Kirstie wasn't paying much attention though. She met the rest of the team along with me and she's got all distracted by the tall, muscular, blond haired Norse god. Granted, she did not embarrass herself with the usual giggling and clumsiness, but none the less. I was in not the best of moods to be hearing about this incredibly attractive trickster was bent on world domination. It's always world domination! Why can't it be something nice!? Like, I'm here to destroy the line's that occur for roller coasters! That would be such a nice change of pace!

After the meeting, everyone was pretty much left to their own devices, which meant I was going to go find myself a quiet space, and beat the living crap out of a dummy. Thankfully, the craft had a training facility, which I was in desperate need of at the moment. Ever since we got here, I've been feeling kind of cranky and agitated. Now, take into consideration my lack of sleep this past week, I may be on the verge of crazy. Not bag full of cats, but pretty close at this point. But with all the commotion, sleep wasn't an option until I tired myself out. So fitness was my one and only option. I had briefly considered asking if Kirstie wanted to join me but she was taking to the God of Thunder so I left her to him. I quickly changed into some more comfortable clothes in my quarters and headed down. I wrapped my wrists and knuckles on my way, flexing them to make sure I had full range of motion. When I got down there, it was empty, a blessing in disguise.

I placed my towel and water on the boxing ring and pulled up one of the dummy's. I'm usually so poised, even in my fighting, but I lost all composure, wailing on the poor thing. I ended up splitting it, all the stuffing billowing out. I sighed and wiped my forehead. I kicked it to the side and fell onto my butt, then laid on my back, covering my face. I was tired, that was for sure, but not tired enough. I didn't know what else I could do. I could ask Natasha to be a sparing partner but I didn't feel like getting up to go find her. With a heavy sigh, I got up, just in time to hear my ear piece crackling over by my towel. I jogged over, cleaned the sweat off my body and hooked it back in. My boss was on the other end.

“I know you're down in the training room, mind checking on Loki before you head back up?” Fury commanded. It may sound like a question but you learn quickly that its never really a yes or no.

“Of course, sir.” I said. I sipped my water as I headed out and down towards the bottom of the craft. I punched in my security number and the doors slid open, revealing the large glass prison. He was sitting, head down, probably plotting or something. I quietly headed over to the console, checking to make sure everything was running properly.

“My, you are quiet. Nothing to say?” I heard a bone chilling voice say. Goosebumps raised on my skin and I felt the air catch in my lungs. I rolled my shoulders, shaking it off and going about my business.

“Don't need to.” I said, pressing a few buttons. He cackled and it made my spine stiffen.

“You are of Norse decent, you should be bowing to me.” he said. I felt a growl in my throat but I pushed it down. He's trying to get in your head.

“I bow to no one.” I said, still trying to busy myself.

“You all bow at some time. Not now, maybe not tomorrow, but when I get out of here, you will be begging for mercy.” he said coldly. Now, I looked up from the screens. He was pressed to the glass, his piercing green eyes staring into my baby blues. I was frozen, glued to where I stood. I fought off the urge to run, fought my fear of those eyes.

“You'll never get out of there. And even if you did, I would rather die than beg for mercy from you.” I said, standing my ground. He laughed again, a little lighter this time but it still sent shivers.

“I cannot wait to get out, and find you. I will find you, do not doubt that.” he said.

“I look forward to that. I look forward to breaking your face.” I growled. His lips curled into a devilish smile, his eyes sparkling.

“My, aren't we aggressive for such a small woman.” he said. I looked down, fuming at this point and trying to restrain myself from opening that door and beating the hell out of him. I broke.

I AM NOT AGGRESSIVE!” I growled loudly, lunging at the glass. He stepped back slightly, but that wicked smile was still there, even bigger. I let him get inside my head, I let him get me this way. I quickly stepped back, shocked at myself. I stomped out of the room and went straight up to my room, locking myself inside.

I fell onto the bed and stared at my shaking hands. I was tired but now I was shaking with adrenaline and if I didn't work it off, I would either be up all night or be sick, or a combination of the two. I groaned and headed straight out of the room and headed back down to the training center. But this time, someone was in there. Captain Rogers was just hooking up another bag, three on the other side of the room, sand poured out in piles next to gaping holes on their sides. He jumped a little, startled by my sudden entry. He saw me staring at the broken bags and he began to stutter out an answer to it.

“There's plenty, don't worry.” I said, smiling a little at him as I dragged a dummy out. I began to wrap my knuckles again and he watched. “Everything okay, Captain Rogers?” I asked.

“Uh...call me Steve.” he said. I nodded and finished, flexing my hands and swinging at the dummy, knocking the head right off.

“Damn. These things just don't do it.” I said, flexing my hand again and then high kicking its shoulder.

“You're...really strong.” he said, taking a step over.

“No, I'm not. I just know where the weak spots are.” I responded, kicking it again and it fell to the floor, sliding a few feet.

“Remind me not to make you mad.” he joked. I let out a laugh and shook my head. We both worked on bags together, Steve holding mine for me. He would crack a joke every time I almost kicked him in the face or punched him. Eventually, we both headed up together. As we walked by the door to Loki's prison, I hear a faint growl of anger, making me walk faster. That noise had not come from me and I didn't want to know where it was from.

“See you tomorrow.” I said to Steve. He smiled and headed to wherever he was staying and I went into my room. I began taking off my shoes, glancing over at the mirror and let out a scream. Loki was there, right behind me. But when I spun around, he wasn't there, nor was he in the mirror anymore. Kirstie came running in, panicked by my screams.

“You okay?” she asked. I opened and closed my mouth, looking frantically around the room.

“Yeah, I...I...I thought I saw...Loki.” I said slowly. Kirstie gave me a strange look, looking around the room as well.

“I think you need to sleep.” she said.

“Yeah...goodnight.” I said. She left and I laid down, closing my eyes and covering them with my arm. All I could see were those cold, green eyes staring into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
This got to three pages!
holy cow!
Oh and it's hot as all get out here!
I mean, gosh!
So anyway, going out to dinner tonight, its my dad's birthday :)

Katie

KIRSTIE!