There Goes My Hero

Someday

“So...do you like Kirstie?” I asked Steve, watching Thor toss Kirstie into the water.

“Wow...uh...you don't sugarcoat, huh?” He said nervously.

“I just...I know you're a good guy but she's my best friend and I don't want her hurt.” I replied, rolling onto my stomach.

“She's....she's been so amazing to me and...I'm glad I met her.” he said.

“So....?” I started, staring at him.

“Yeah, I do.” he said. I smiled and laughed a little. Those two were so cute, it was ridiculous.

“You should say something soon.” I said, watching as Loki and Kirstie walked back over. Loki sat in the sand next to where I was tanning.

“How are you feeling?” Loki asked me. I looked over at him, his green eyes filled with concern.

“Good. Relaxed.” I said, nodding to myself. He nodded and leaned back onto his elbows. Kirstie and I were enjoying the sun, completely relaxed when the football landed between us.

“Katie!” Thor shouted. I cracked an eye through my sunglasses and sighed, standing up and grabbing the ball then throwing it to him. Tony smiled and started to walk over a little.

“Nice arm. Play with us, it's not fair to Thor that he's all alone.” Tony teased as Thor appeared at his side.

“Are you kidding? Check out those muscles!” I replied, squeezing Thor's arm.

“It will be fun!” Thor declared, picking me up and dragging me over to where they were playing.

“You play quarterback?” I said to Thor. He looked at me, slightly confused. “Catch the ball when I throw it to you.” I said, making him nod.

We played for a while, making a few touchdowns but now it was tied between our two little teams. Bruce yelled go and Thor took off, running down towards the designated end zone. Tony was running at me, probably hoping to tackle me. I stepped forward and threw the ball, soaring above Tony and Bruce's reach and right into Thor's massive paws. He let out a loud cheer and threw the ball into the sand, then running over to me, picking me up and cheering more. He spun me in a circle, laughing in Tony and Bruce's faces. Thor placed me gently back on the sand but then quickly wrapped me in his massive arms for a bear hug.

“You are a great player!” Thor said, smiling ear to ear.

“My older brother made me play with him a lot.” I said, shrugging

“I'm starving!” Tony declared, starting back to the house. The sun was slowly starting to go down.

“Are you ladies cooking?” Bruce asked innocently. Kirstie and I exchanged looks and shrugged.

“I guess so.” Kirstie said.

We all headed back inside to where everyone showered and changed. I slid into a dress and shook out my hair, blonde waves spilling over my shoulders. I kept a hair tie around my wrist in case it got too hot in the kitchen. As I walking out of Kirstie and I's room, I could hear Kirstie talking to Loki again. I wondered what exactly it was they were saying but I just brushed it off and headed into the kitchen, where Kirstie eventually joined me to start cooking. We decided on pasta and meatballs, since it was easy to make for a lot of hungry people. I was starting to get a little hot and as I went to tie my hair up, someone moved my hair off my neck and rested their chin on my shoulder. Kirstie smiled a little but ended up shooing Loki away from me, telling him that they needed to stay out of the kitchen until we were done. Kirstie started to hum a little, a familiar song that made me smile.

“I don't wanna leave her now.” I sang, making her smile.

“You know I believe in how.” she sang back.

“You're asking me, will my love grow? I don't know, I don't know.” I sang.

“You stick around now, it may show, I don't know, I don't know.” she sang back again, laughing a little.

We danced around the kitchen for the next half hour, belting out The Beatles at the top of our lungs, helping us cook faster in our little musical session. We finished dinner and served the food, the guys shoveling the food down in a matter of seconds. Kirstie and I just laughed and declared that they would be cleaning up tonight. After I ate, I slid on my sandals and headed out onto the beach. The sun was starting to set on the water, the sky glowing in amazing colors. I started to walk down the beach but I paused, hearing Loki call my name. He ran up next to me, wicked smile on his face.

“Getting out of dishes?” I teased, starting to walk again.

“Maybe.” he teased back. I smiled and walked into the waves as the gently rolled onto the sand. I kicked the water around my feet. He appeared at my side again, wrapping an arm around my waist and handing me a lily with the other. I smiled over at him and put it in my hair. As I moved my hand away from my hair, I caught my earring beneath my fingers. I gently removed both of them and placed them in my palm.

“These...are like a burden to me.” I said, stopping and letting the water suck my feet into the sand. Loki stayed at my side. I took a one last look at the earrings and tossed them as far as I could into the water. I felt a weight lifted off of me when I heard the light splashes of them hitting the water. Loki moved and stood in front of me, both arms wrapped around my waist.

“You will love again, someday.” he said, making me melt into his arms as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I know. The right guy will come.” I replied, lacing my fingers behind his head. We looked into each others eyes for what seemed like forever until a bigger wave splashed the bottom of my dress, making me squeak. Loki laughed and picked me up, holding me bridal style.

“Let's head back before you get soaked.” he said, smiling at me as we started back for the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, it took me over an hour to get working on this!
But once I started, I just kept going.
Energizer bunny right here! Haha
Kirstie, the cousins thing is a sign, we need to hang out hahaha.

Katie (and of course, the ever beautiful, Tom Hiddleston. I love that picture *sigh* )

KIRSTIE LET'S GOOOO!
Enjoy that Beatles moment? I did that just for yoooou :D