There Goes My Hero

Avenge Me

I woke up the next morning and noticed Kirstie wasn't there. I smiled a little to myself as I threw on some shorts and running bra. I grabbed my sneakers and tip toed out into the main room, where Kirstie and Steve were sleeping on the couch. I had a deep urge to get a bucket of ocean water and just dump it all over them but I knew that wouldn't be such a good idea this early in the morning. I went out onto the back porch and sat on the steps, lacing up my shoes. I stretched a little and jumped off the porch and started on my run along the beach. It was very peaceful with the sound of waves and the wide array of birds in the small forest behind me. The palm trees provided a line of shade as the sun got brighter and hotter. I truly felt at peace in that moment. Not having to worry about working or anything really. I ended up on another of the small part of the island we were on. It was eerily quiet and I didn't feel right. I stretched my legs a little bit, as I was feeling a bit stiff. I shook out my arms and let out a deep breath. I suddenly felt someone wrap their arm around my neck and used a cloth to cover my mouth. I held my breath and threw my head back, hitting them with my head. They back off of me long enough for me to swing my leg up and kick them in the head. I didn't even bother to look at them, I just took off running as fast as I possibly could.

I got back to the beach house and saw that the house was crawling with soldiers and not the ones from S.H.I.E.L.D. I cursed under my breath and ran to the other side, where Kirstie and I's rooms were. I crawled in the window and quickly got to my luggage. Nobody had weapons with them because we were supposed to secluded, no one was supposed to know we were here. But everyone did bring their ear pieces, in case we needed them. I found mine and stuck it in, hearing nothing from anyone. I couldn't talk for fear of one of the soldiers hearing me and then coming after me. I tightened my pony tail and took a deep breath. I slid down to my stomach and crawled across the floor to the door, pressing my ear to the floor. I could hear their boots on the wooden floors, stomping around and breaking things. Whatever they were looking for, they weren't finding it.

I was worried. I didn't know where everyone went and I needed to get out of the house to at least try and find them. I heard footsteps coming to the door and then more following. I held my breath and quickly rolled to the window, pulling myself up and jumping out. I heard the door open and footsteps running to the window. I tripped on the thick sand as I stumbled around, trying to get out of sight. When I heard the popping noises, I knew I was screwed if I got shot. I pushed myself to my feet and bolted into the forest of palm trees. They didn't offer much coverage until I got deeper, where there were plants and bushes to hide in. I could feel the bullets whizzing by my head and I knew they were chasing me. I just kept pushing myself, hoping that they would give up. I decided to give finding them a try, maybe if I got killed, they would at least know I tried to get away.

“Can anyone hear me!?” I said, jumping over a downed tree. I didn't hear anything, making me panic further. What if these...these people, found them? What if they got to them before they could get out? I slammed into something and stumbled back a little. One of the soldiers was staring right back at me, gun pointed at my face.

“Put your hands where I can see them.” He demanded. I slowly raised my hands to where they were at my shoulders. Then I grabbed the gun and moved it away from myself, punching him in the face then slamming the butt in his neck. I took off running again, paying attention to everything around me now.

“Hello!? Anyone!?” I said again, completely having a panic attack. I stopped, looking around and seeing no sign of soldiers. I climbed up in a tree and sat in the leaves, hugging my knees and trying to breathe. I heard some static from the other end but still nothing. I rested my head on my knees, feeling like I was going to vomit.

I heard rustling below me and then it stopped. At first, I thought maybe it was an animal. Then I heard it, the click of a gun. I scrambled to get out of the tree, just as something whizzed by me. I dropped out of the branches and landed on my side, knocking the air out of me. I wheezed and clawed at the ground as I tried to drag myself into some bushes. I could hear the person slowly walking behind me, watching me struggle. I got into the bushes and gasped for air as the person parted the leaves and stared down at me. The soldier stared at me, blank face and deep, dark eyes watching me as I gasped for air. I slowly regained my breath and didn't hesitate as I jumped up and got my legs around his neck, bringing him to the ground. I pinched a nerve in his neck, making him twitch then go limp. I reached into his belt, pulling out his combat knife and stepping lightly around the forest. I tried the radio again.

“Anyone there?” I said quietly. Still nothing. I was starting to think that they were either captured, dead or they didn't take their radios.

I continued through the forest until I got to the edge, seeing the beach and the dock we had arrived on. The boat was had used was still there, meaning I still had a chance to maybe get out and get some help. Maybe contact Nick and get Natasha and Clint out here to help me find the rest of the team. I didn't see any soldiers but that didn't mean there weren't any. I was a fast runner, I had been in nationals, I was quick and agile. It was a clear shot with lots of open space, no where to hid if they started shooting. I would say it was around a football field in length from the tree line to the dock and then probably another 100 feet to the actual boat. I knew that I wasn't going to contact everyone any time soon, so I gripped my knife and started running.

That's when I felt it, a sharp pain in my neck. I touched the spot and felt something, prompting me to pull it out. It was a dart. My eyes widened as I tried to run faster, maybe get to the boat and a few hundred feet out before it started kicking in. My eyes started to sting as my vision blurred into tunnel. My legs felt like jello and then I was tripping, smacking my face onto the dock and then sliding down into the water. I couldn't breathe, the air was quickly escaping my lungs as water filled its place. I was going to drown. But, I would rather drown right now, on this beautiful island, than be captured by whoever these guys were. It all went black but the last thing I remembered was hearing something splash in the water near me. I hoped that I died, that I would free from whoever they were and maybe, see Kirstie and the guys. But I didn't know if they were dead. And if they were alive, I hoped they would avenge me.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo!
cliffhanger!
hahaha enjoy that?
Just kidding.
So sorry this took me so long!
I've been working and partying! I need to calm down hahaha

Katie

KIRSTE ROGERS!