There Goes My Hero

I Promise

I walked over to the group with Katie, grabbing a rifle and she took a hand gun. I may be an emotional girl but I can separate that from what I need to do when it comes down to it. Right now, I got down to it, thinking about the best way to defend the boys and to keep Katie safe.

“Alright. The beach leads right to the house. Kirstie will be over on the tree line. She's going to wait for my signal. If it’s all clear, get over there quickly and grab your stuff. If it isn't, head farther west,” Katie stated.

“What about you?” Loki questioned.

“I'll get out fine.” She muttered.

“Has she ever done stuff like this?” Steve spoke up.

“That's not important,” I replied.

Katie and I started off but I heard someone walking behind us. I turned around and saw Steve with concern in his eyes. He opened his arms and I told Katie to hold up just a second, and I quickly ran into those muscular arms that held me so tightly.

“Please let me go for you,” Steve whispered in my ear.

“No, you’re too big. We need someone small that can hide easily. Trust me Steve, I’ve done a lot of things like this before,” I said.

“Just promise me you’ll be careful,” He told me.

“I promise,” I replied, gazing into his eyes.

Steve leaned down and left a beautiful, loving kiss on my lips. I snuggled into him more as we shared our wonderful kiss but we eventually had to part. He let go of me and we shared a long look before Katie and I headed out.

“Okay, just keep an eye out,” Katie told me.

“I have a better idea,” I whispered, telling her to follow me.

We got to a place we could see the guys and I put a beacon on a tree and when I hit a button, the light would flash, giving them the signal, this way, I could go in with Katie.

“You aren’t going in alone,” I stated.

“Thanks Kirst,” She smiled.

The two of us snuck through the jungle, getting to the house. We scoped out the area and saw some of the soldiers still there. Katie scoped out an open window and we were able to get in without being seen.

We quickly made our way through the house, getting the items we needed. Katie and I were just on the way back out of the window when I heard her grunt. I tossed the items down on the ground, and turned around seeing a soldier grabbing her.

I ran over and pulled Katie out of his arms and I was going to use my martial art training to take him down. I went to punch him in the stomach and it immediately brought him to his knees. I had no idea how I did that, I mean I work out a lot but I’m not that strong!

“What was that?” Katie asked.

“I don’t know?” I replied, just as shocked as she.

“Let’s get out of here,” She told me.

The two of us climbed back out the window and grabbed the items, hurrying back to the guys. I have no idea what is going on, I don’t know if it was a rush of adrenaline or what but that was odd. I’m pretty strong but not that strong!
♠ ♠ ♠
I love reading your guys' comments, they make me happy!!!

ummm Katie....waity? hahahaha i'm so lame lol