There Goes My Hero

You're Reassigned

It was snowing again today. It snowed every single day I've been here. We're somewhere in the mountains in Russia. I recognized the language instantly when Eric had more soldiers running around. I had brought my bag from vacation with me, so I was in the same outfit every day. My uniform. Eric never said anything about me wearing S.H.I.E.L.D attire but then again, he rarely spoke to me. I kept a close eye on everything, watching them. Most of the men were average until Eric brought them into the medical lab. They either left like Steve or they never came out. I sometimes wondered if he would try it on me. He would never catch me to do so. I was sitting in the rafters, watching everyone from above. I've been here for a little over a month now. I was getting itchy, waiting around for the moment when Eric trusted me enough. And then I would break his neck.

There were times when I calculated how well I would do if I killed him in that second. If I would be able to get high enough before the soldiers. If I could get out of the base before they got to me. Could I find my way down the mountain safely? I didn't know what was outside of the barbed wire fences. Wolves, more soldiers, bears, anything could be waiting for me. I had kept up with Director Fury, briefly sending him messages about Eric and his super soldier experiment. I hadn't spoken to Kirstie or the rest of The Avengers since I left with Eric that day on the island. I hoped they would forgive me for doing that.

“Kate. Get down here.” Eric said into my earpiece. I had my S.H.I.E.L.D communicator hidden safely away. I wore this one for Eric and his little group. I got up and made my way down to the floor, where he was waiting.

“What?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Your little friend...Kirstie right? She's with the Captain, isn't she?” he asked. I nodded. “Hm...the serum only works on a few men. I need to know how it worked on the Captain. Go back and find out.” he said. I clenched my jaw tightly at the thought.

“Of course.” I replied, turning to walk to the small cell he called my room. He was following me. When we got into the room, he shut the door. I stopped in the middle of the room, muscles tight and ready to attack if he went for me. He grabbed my shoulders and turned me to look at him.

“I miss you.” he said, pulling me into him and kissing me. I was disgusted with him but if he was doing this, it meant he trusted me. And this was my opportunity. He pulled away, looking vulnerable.

“I miss you too.” I replied. He sighed and sat on the bed. I walked over and straddled him. My hands want up to his neck, followed by my arms. He didn't sense anything. He leaned up and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms completely around his neck and then in one quick motion, I killed him. I stepped back as his body fell limp onto the bed.

I went over to my bag, sliding in my S.H.I.E.L.D communicator and grabbing my two guns and knife. I told Nick I was ready for pick up and we needed a jet over to blow the place sky high. I made my way out of the room. A soldier went in to check and then his footsteps were loud as he shouted for help. I continued walking, ignoring their panic. I was almost out until one shouted at me. I turned and shot him, watching him fall. I left the building and got outside the fences. Once I was in the woods, I heard the sirens. I couldn't help the smile on my face. I was long gone and heading to the recon point that Nick told me to meet him. As I pushed through the brush, I came out to an opening, where Nick and a ship were waiting.

“It's good to have you back, Agent.” Nick said.

“Good to be back, Sir.” I replied, getting in with him. He handed me a folder as the ship took off. I heard a loud explosion in the distance and then saw a puff of fire and smoke billowing from where I had spent a whole month.

“You're reassigned to the Avengers.” he said.

“Thank you, Sir.” I said. I flipped through the folder. Nothing new, really. Except they all hated me. Nick had informed me of that. Tony was the one who put the doubt in everyone's mind as I hadn't returned in a while. I note of that and made sure to punch him in the face when I first saw him.

“Agent, maybe you should take some time to readjust.” Nick said.

“I'm fine, Sir.” I said. He sighed and checked the monitors.

“Don't fall back, Agent. Switch it off.” he said.

I didn't reply. I was too busy thinking about seeing everyone again. I didn't know how they would react. I haven't seen or spoken to Kirstie since the day on the island. I didn't even know if Steve told them or just Fury. Another person showed up in my mind. Loki. I hadn't seen him or spoken to him either. I hadn't even talked to him two days before I left. I wondered what he thought about when he was me like that. No one had seen me like that except for Nick, Natasha and Kirstie. I just hoped they would forgive me eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's hot as hell outside!
oh my gosh!
EW!
At least I'm seeing my friend tonight.
AND I'M FINALLY GETTING MY CAR BACK!
*dances* haha

Katie (I edited the uniform myself :D)

KIRSTIE! Go Go Go!