There Goes My Hero

Word Gets Around, Stark.

Today was the day I could meet with the Avengers again. I have been staying on the helicarrier for the past week, getting checked out by medical to make sure I was fit for combat and such. Fury and I were heading to New York to meet everyone at Stark Towers. As I put on my civilian clothes, I cringed slightly at my appearance. My eyes were dark, robotic and my skin lacked the sun kissed glow I usually had. I looked exactly how I did when I first met Kirstie and SHIELD, robotic, controlled, a killing machine. I tore my eyes away from my reflection and tied my hair up. I met Fury at the ship and we headed down to get in a car. Fury was watching me carefully as we drove up to Stark Towers.

Fury hadn't told them I was back. All he said was that he was assigning a new agent to help Kirstie. I wasn't sure if Thor and Loki were coming. He said he had told Thor but he doubted they would be there. He also gave me permission to punch Stark in the face. I looked forward to that, although he said just plain fist when I tried to get brass knuckles in. We pulled up to the tower and I could see Steve's motorcycle. I knew he was there along with Kirstie. I'm sure they've become attached like we used to be. I hoped I would be able to form attachments again but I wasn't there yet. As far as Fury was concerned, I was still a killing machine with a bit of a conscience. I followed Fury out of the car and into the building.

Stark's computer, Jarvis, welcomed us and told us to wait for Stark to confirm us before we could head up. I felt a bit nervous but I just clenched and relaxed my fists, helping relax myself. Fury raised his eyebrow at me before we were allowed in the elevator. He handed me a file with some updated information. I busied myself with reading about the new information. They found traces of super soldier serum in Kirstie's blood. Said it should pass through as she produced more of her own blood cells. Nothing new with Dr. Banner or Stark. Thor and Loki haven't been on earth since the island. Steve was mostly the same as well, just some more stuff on him adjusting to the times.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. I could hear people arguing, it sounded like Steve and Stark. I couldn't quite hear what it was about but I could hear Dr. Banner's calm voice trying to defuse the situation. I chuckled a little at the thought of him trying to defuse someone's anger. I continued on reading my file while Fury and I stood there, waiting for them. I heard a deep voice, only known as Thor's, interrupting the argument and then his heavy footsteps. I was standing behind Fury, masked by his height.

“About time.” Stark stated, walking over.

“I hope we're all getting alone.” Nick said.

“No problems, Sir.” Steve said.

“So, who is the new agent?” Dr. Banner asked.

“They are one of our best. Experienced in stealth and combat.” Nick said. I had my head buried in the file as I read about some of the new weapons we were working on. I heard Nick clear his throat and I looked up.

“Well, where is this super special agent?” Stark asked. I closed the file and stepped around Nick. I shoved the file at Nick and cracked my knuckles as I walked towards Stark. “Oh, nice to see you again, Agent.” he said. I swung back and hit him straight in the mouth, knocking him straight onto his back.

“Word gets around, Stark. You had better watch it or next time it won't be just my fist in your face.” I said, my gun pointed between his eyes. Nick came over and gently pushed my gun down, prompting me to put it back in its holster. Banner helped Stark up, who spit out some blood.

“You all remember Agent Kvistad.” Nick said. It was dead silent, even Kirstie was silent, not even moving towards me. “Well, don't all act so enthused.” he joked.

“I won't be hitting anyone else, promise.” I said, holding my hands up.

“Welcome home!” Thor finally cheered, walking over and bear hugging and lifting me off the floor. I cringed at the word home.

“Thank you...” I replied.

“I'll be in touch with a mission in a few days. You, need to switch it off and quick. I know it's not easy but I refuse to lose a great agent.” Nick said quietly.

“Yes, Sir.” I said. Nick nodded and got in the elevator, leaving us all alone and all eyes were on me. Fantastic.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry for the long wait guys!
I just got my laptop and my car back!
I promise to try harder haha

Katie

KIRSTIE!