There Goes My Hero

Run!

The next morning, I was awakened to the sound of Kirstie knocking on my door. I glanced at my watch and was surprised that I had slept through the whole night. Kirstie came in and told me she was heading down to eat and that she wanted to work out with me after. I agreed and decided to meet with her after getting into my work out clothes. I walked out of my room but was overcome with a sense in my stomach. I slowly turned in the opposite direction and headed down to the lower level, down to Loki's prison. The door slid open and I saw him, pacing back and forth, a very pained expression on his face. So pained, I thought he might need medical attention. I sucked in a deep breath as he looked over at me. His face was hollowed and he looked sickly.

“What?” he asked rudely. I wanted to walk out, I wanted to turn and just go meet Kirstie, but my legs moved forward, right up to the glass.

“You look ill.” I said quietly. I was expecting a response from him, something typical but he said nothing, just stared at me as he slowly walked over. He was now right in front of me, the only thing separating us is a thick layer of glass.

“I was lied to, my whole life, about who I was. I should be king of Asgard! Not Thor!” he growled. I stood my ground, staring right into his eyes.

“He could of just left you to die, your father, would that have been better? He obviously loves you, Loki.” I said. His face softened for a moment as he rested his head against the glass, his hand pressed flat to the glass. For a moment, he was vulnerable, almost like an injured puppy in need of help.

“Love...love is nothing. You obviously know all about that, don't you? You have had such a excellent way with men, have you not?” he asked, the hardness appearing again. A sharp pain shot through my heart at the thought of him knowing about that.

“You don't know anything. You don't understand...” I trailed off. I was about to open my mouth again but he silenced me.

“No! You know nothing! You read stories in books of us Gods, but you were not there!” He yelled, his growling voice shaking my bones.

“Stay out of my head.” I said, turning and leaving. I went right up to find Kirstie, who was sitting with Thor. She frowned at the look on my face as I collapsed into the chair.

“You okay?” she asked, gently rubbing my back.

“I want that crazy psychopath out of here.” I said. Thor let out a loud, bellowing laugh and shook his head.

“I'm sure he'll realize how stupid this all is soon enough.” he said.

Kirstie and I went down to the gym for a little while before we headed back to get dressed. As I was getting dressed, I could hear yelling coming down the hall. Kirstie and I stepped out of our rooms right as Natasha rushed by, saying she was going to talk to Loki. We headed into the lab, where Dr. Banner was arguing with everyone. Not even a few minutes later, Natasha comes running up, telling us that it was Dr. Banner he was after. Just then, as Tony and Steve were arguing, the whole craft shook and Natasha and the doctor were gone. Steve had grabbed Kirstie and Tony had grabbed me, pulling us back just before the floor collapsed. We all exchanged looks before the guys took off and Kirstie and I ran to our rooms, getting ready for what we knew was something bad. I slipped my gun onto my leg holster along with my knife and met Kirstie in the hall. Fury came over our earpieces, telling me to go down to Loki and make sure he doesn't get out. He told Kirstie to go with Tony and Steve. We told each good luck and took off. I ran as fast as I could, pushing past people. The door was stuck but I could see inside, Loki was being let out. I started kicking the door but to no purchase. I pulled out my gun and shot the console. The door flew open and I pointed my gun right at Loki.

“Don't move or I'll blow that pretty face off!” I shouted. He chuckled loudly as he started walking towards me, a scepter in his hands. I didn't like the look of it and I twitched, deciding if I should shoot him or go for my knife.

“Do you really think a gun will stop me?” he asked, now standing in front of me. That scepter was not okay and he moved a little towards me with it, I rolled to the side and shot at him. The bullet veered off and hit the wall. My jaw dropped slightly. I had a clear shot and it missed, but the look on his face told me he had something to do with that. Now we were standing, staring each other down.

“You don't have to do this.” I said, slowly stepping sideways, circling him.

“Ah, but I do. I am burdened with great purpose.” he said, looking at the scepter in his hands then back at me. “You would make a great addition to my army.” he said, now holding the scepter out toward me and walking at me. I jumped back a few feet, cornered by him. Just then, Agent Coulson came in.

“Kate, run!” he said, a large gun in his hands.

“No! I can help you!” I shouted. He shook his head.

“Go!” he said. Loki stared at me as I darted out of the room. I didn't know where to go, but as soon as I rounded a corner, I was tackled to the ground by a solider who definitely wasn't one of ours. I wiggled out from under them and stepped on their neck, the sickening crack making me slightly sick. I shook it off and kept going, hoping to maybe find Kirstie.

A nagging feeling struck me, a feeling that I shouldn't have left Agent Coulson. I turned and ran back, just as Loki stabbed him. I let out a scream and ran over. Coulson mumbled for me to leave but I couldn't leave him now! He was bleeding all over, I couldn't make a tourniquet with where it was. I stood up, telling him that I was going to get help and as I turned around, Loki had the scepter right at my heart and the last thing I remember is shooting one of our own as I followed Loki out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooo!
Drama!
hahaha
MY LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL! YEAH!

Katie

KIRSTIEEEEEEEE