There Goes My Hero

I Showed Her Truth

I quickly grabbed my gun and Nick came over my earpiece telling me to go with Tony and Steve so I ran to catch up with them.

“Meet me out by the right engine. I’m going to get my suit,” Tony said, running off.

“Come on,” Steve told me as we ran to the wing and fought off a couple people on the way.

Soon enough, Tony came in the iron man suit and told us he’d have to remove the debris and then give it a push start.

“But you’ll die,” I told him.

“Not if you pull that red lever when I tell you to,” Tony said.

“Alright,” Steve nodded and Tony flew off to get to work.

We stood there waiting for his word but all of the sudden, bullets were being shot at us. I summersaulted over to a corner and shot back, picking off one guy while Steve worked on the other. A giant explosion then rocked the ship, throwing us to the ground and Steve fell out.

“No!” I yelled, running over to the edge.

As I looked, I saw him hanging on to a cord. I layed down and reached my hand out for his.

“Take my hand!” I shouted as I heard bullets wizzing over my head.

He looked up at me and put his hand into mine and I pulled him up, just in time for him to pull the lever for Tony.

”Target is angry, Target is angry!” I heard over my earpiece.

I looked out to see a plane with the Hulk on top, ripping at it as the torn metal went spiraling toward earth but the pilot ejected in time. My attention was ripped away from the scene as Steve and Tony yelled at me to come.

“Loki is up there,” Tony said as he flew up there and Steve and I ran to get to the deck.

Once we made it, we saw Loki and his band of evil followers going to the ship. I started shooting at them while Tony and Steve were doing the same. As I saw them heading to the ship, a familiar face started shooting back at me.

”KATIE!” I screamed.

I sprinted over to her and dodged her bullets, and tackled her to the ground.

“Katie what are you doing?” I asked but then saw her blue eyes were clouded with a strange look.

She just shoved me off of her and took out her knife to try to kill me but Loki came over, sending me that wicked smile.

“Go to the ship Kate,” Loki told her and she obeyed leaving me and him standing there, the rest of the surroundings seemed to go away.

I took out my gun and shot at him but he deflected every bullet so I tried other tactics but he used his sceptor to smack me across the face and cause me to fall to the ground and he stood over me.

“What did you do to her?” I spat.

“I showed her truth,” He simply said. “You have much heart, I think you should know peace as well.”

Loki started to hold his sceptor to my heart as I tried to squirm from underneath him. I braced myself for what was about to happen but in one moment, Loki was thrown to the ground and Captain Rodgers’ shield was the culprit. I got up and tried to stop Loki but he got away before anyone could stop him and he had Katie as one of his evil little minions. That man is going to pay.

Hours later, Steve, Tony and I were sitting at a table with Nick. Natasha had beat up Hawkeye pretty good and had hit him on the head hard enough to knock him out of the spell Loki had on him so she was with him now. Hulk was somewhere on earth doing who knows what. Thor had been ejected from the ship by Loki and was also on earth, Katie was one of Loki’s now, and agent Colson was dead.

“Guess he never got these signed,” Nick said, tossing some Captain America trading cards on the table that were splattered in blood, making me let out a sigh. Phil was such a great man.

“Tony knows about this,” Nick started, “There was an idea called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people so they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could. It was an old fashioned idea though.”

With that, Nick walked off, Tony quickly walking out as well. Steve let out a heavy sigh and I leaned back in my chair next to him.

“Are you okay?” He asked me after a minute.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Are you?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know what to do,” Steve revealed.

“I don’t think anyone else does either,” I softly said.

He turned to me and saw the cut on my face from where Loki’s sceptor hit me. He reached up and cupped my cheek in his hand and then wiped the dried blood away and cleaned it for me.

“You know you aren’t alone in this,” I whispered to him as he was finishing. “I’m not giving up, especially now that he has my best friend.”

“We’ll get him. He’s not going to win,” Steve stated.

The two of us got up and headed to where Tony was to try to figure out what to do, even though right now, none of us really had a clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is getting sppiiiccccyyy!

Kirstie

comments?

OH KATIE! YOUR TURN!