There Goes My Hero

God of Mischief

I whined as the medics clean my wounds up and fixed a few things. Kirstie had already gotten treated was gone with the rest of the team to see Thor and Loki off. I, on the other hand, needed a bit more work. Kirstie and the Captain have been getting really close, which is cute and all, but kind of annoying considering she's my best friend and she's all gaga over him. Eventually, they let me leave. I went out to the car, where Kirstie wasn't. I assumed Captain had given her a lift back to our apartment. I drove home, slower than usual, and dragged myself up into our apartment. I dragged myself over to our couch and fell over, laying face down and passing out. I think I woke up once to actually get into my bed. I woke up the next morning with a note from Kirstie on my nightstand. She wanted to go out to breakfast and to wait for her to wake up.

I threw on some other clothes, grabbed a book and my favorite blanket and sat in the big chair, cracking open one of the Norse books I owned. I sipped my water slowly and sighed, running a hand through my hair. I swore I still had blood caked in there, the way it felt. I desperately needed to shower but I just wasn't in the mood to get up and do so at that moment. After about an hour, I closed the book and got up to stretch and open the door to the balcony, only to see a man in a standing there. His hair was a familiar jet black but was much shorter. He turned around and I jumped back, running over to the end table and pulling out the gun that sat there. I cocked it and pointed it right at him, right between those piercing green eyes.

“Get out.” I said, trying to remain calm.

“After traveling all this way, you're just going to say get out? That's no way to treat a guest.” he responded, walking in and shutting the door.

“I won't hesitate to shoot you.” I said, my finger twitching on the trigger. He walked over and grabbed the gun by the muzzle, lowering it.

“Would you listen?” he asked. He took the gun, peeling my fingers gently from the grip and placing it on the coffee table. I swung my arm back and went to punch him, only for his illusion to fade. I growled and spun around, wrapping an arm around his neck and kicking his legs out from under him. I sat on his chest, pinning his arms down.

“Get.Out.” I said slowly. He grinned as his hands grabbed my legs, feeling them up and down. I shivered and slapped him.

“No knife? I was expecting you to carve my heart out.” he mocked. I growled and pinched the nerve in his wrist but nothing happened. He's a god...although why isn't he fighting? “I'm not here to cause trouble.” he said.

“That's a bold faced lie! You should be in prison, or whatever the hell they do to criminals there.” I said, keeping his arms pinned. I didn't trust a single thing this man says or does.

“Thor allowed me to come back. He is keeping a close eye, don't worry.” he said. “Now, although I'm enjoying this, would you mind getting off of me?” he asked.

“Why? So you can trick me or blow something up? I don't think so.” I said. I heard movement and Kirstie walk in, then stop. “Kirstie, grab my knife.” I said. She didn't say anything but then she was at my side, handing me the blade.

“My my my, you can't trust me?” he said.

“Oh please! God of Mischief, obviously not!” I said, rolling my eyes. He still wore this sickening grin that I wanted to punch off his face.

“Go ahead, punch me as you so desperately wish to do.” he said. I rolled off him and helped him to his feet and right as he was about to speak, I punched him straight in the mouth. “Well, that wasn't very nice.” he said, feeling a bit of blood trickle down his lip.

“Destroying half of New York City isn't either.” I said, staring down at the rings on my hand. One was from my grandmother, the other from my ex-fiancee.

“Shame that you hold onto such a thing.” he said, taking my hand and staring at the ring. I pulled my hand away, glaring at him.

“Thor! Wherever the hell you are, get him out of here before I kill him!” I shouted. Kirstie came over and pulled me slowly towards me room. Thor was standing right behind Loki now.

“What is going on?” she asked.

“I have no clue but I need a minute.” I said, now thinking about my ex, causing tears to form. Kirstie hugged me briefly and allowed me to shut myself in my room for a moment. At least I left her with a gun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thunderstorm going on right now lol
I'm not too fond of what follows ;)

Katie

KIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRSSSSSTTTTTIIIIIIEEEEE!