Sequel: Thicker Than Water
Status: Completed

Shattered Truth

XX

I feel Sebastian’s chest rising and falling rapidly as he follows the others to the manor. The cyclone may have dispersed after demolishing the Granagde Manor, but the sea was still raging around the island; the wind was roaring in anger, ripping trees from the ground and sending them flying.

Kingsley and Edgar work together to open the front doors. Bruce stumbles in falling into the nearest seat, followed by Isaac carrying Giselle, then lastly Sebastian and I. Isaac sets Giselle gently down on the couch and goes to help the others close the door against the raging wind. Sebastian follows suit and sets my down near Giselle.

Every time the men get close to closing the door, the wind becomes a bitch and blows it open. I wonder if this is Cecily’s doing. I look over to Giselle her eyes are wide in shock. She just sits there motionless. Having her world shatter like this is taking its toll on her. It just keeps getting worse.

“Bandit, your wound,” Bruce states motioning to my side. Suddenly pain racks through my body making up for the last few minutes of me ignoring it. Wincing I apply pressure to my blooding side, trying to stop the flow of blood. Unfortunately the blood just flows between my fingers.

The men are still trying to shut the door. Isaac’s tattoo is glowing as he tries to stop water from coming in. I feel utterly useless sitting here, holding my side. I try to get up, only to be pulled down. I look at the body of the hand that are holding me to see Giselle. Her eyes are no longer unfocused, now they have a glint of inner strength.

“Are you trying to make me look weak?” She asks with a teasing tone. I shake my head. “Good, ‘cause if I’m too tried to get up so are you. Now put this to your wound. It will help stop the flow of blood.” She rips some of her shirt and hands it to my. I take it pressing it into my side. I groan as I try to shift to a better position, it only makes my side hurt even more.

The rag helps stop the bleeding, but the wound has already done its job. I see Giselle’s lips moving but hear nothing. I feel the pulsating pain of my side getting worse. My eyes feel heavy. Soon I can’t feel my limbs and I can barely feel my heart beat.

The sound that hit my ears is the sound of the front door closing. I see the men barring it with whatever they can find. I look down at my hand wondering why they are causing me pain. I remove them from my side and sigh in relief. I glance up to see a man coming towards me. Isaac I think his name is. My father. I look to my side to see that girl trying to put her hands on my side. Her name is Giselle. Why is she helping me when she is all bloody herself? Wait she is my sister. I guess we look alike, but not really.

I keep dodging her hands. Her facial expression makes me laugh. Then she manages to get her hands on my side and pain explodes from her touch. I jump away from her, making myself fall off the couch. I start to laugh again at her startled expression. I try to keep my eyes open hoping to see something else funny but I feel tired. I yawn and close my eyes.