It Started with a Sad Song (The Diary of Bo)

Entry Three: June 15th, 2006

Entry Three: June 15th, 2006

Mum made me go meet the neighbors today. Usually, I would have refused and been my anti-social self, but no. I had to be the “perfect” new Dublin neighbor. It’s a shame really that i can’t be myself in this town from the very start.

Oh well. New start I suppose.

I met the Wellington’s next door. They were pretty charming. They’re a young married couple, with a six year-old son they adopted. He was a cute little English boy with big round eyes and a mouse-like nose, but he was a bloody pain! Mrs. Wellington told me i could come and babysit if I pleased. I said politely, “No thank you” and left.

Then, I met Nan, this little old lady I met down the road. She was out in her flower garden, drinking iced tea when I walked by to get a coffee. We started chatting about the weather, and eventually she asked me if I could sit and have tea with her. Normally, I would have refused, but she seemed nice, so I stayed.

I found we had a lot in common. We both like old movies, and Shakespeare. She told me about how when she was growing up, Elvis and The Beatles were just coming out. She claimed to have met John Lennon before he died in the 1980’s, but personally, I think she was only saying that to be nice.