‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Free Time

The next day I was walking to the kitchen when I felt arms wrap around me. “Dei?” I asked and I heard a chuckle.

“You guessed it, princess.”

I blushed, that pet name was so endearing. Deidara took his arms off me and turned me around to face him.

“Where are you headed, my sweet?”

I smiled bashfully, “The kitchen.”

He nodded and said, “Would you like some company?” Deidara gave me a wink.

I smiled again and nodded. We started walking to the kitchen, holding hands.

“If it isn’t the two love birds,” Itachi said smirking.

I blushed but managed to throw a smile Itachi’s way.

Deidara chuckled, and his grip around my waist tightened. He gave my waist a little squeeze, kissed my cheek and said, “Where would you like to sit?”

I glanced up at him, and smiling said, “I don’t care, honey. Where would you like to sit?”

He shrugged, “I know you’re close to Itachi and Kisame, so why don’t we sit with them?”

A spark of love was shot my way when Deidara looked at me, and I realized with a shock that he was putting aside his hatred for the Uchiha’s, especially Itachi, for me. I never thought I’d see the day.

Giving him a smile I replied, “That sounds good.”

Deidara chuckled and we made our way over to Itachi and Kisame.

We sat down Deidara still stuck to me like glue.

Kisame noticed this because he said in a joking tone, “You two sure are attached to each other.”

I flushed and Itachi smiled fondly my way. “They’re both deeply in love Kisame, can’t you tell?”

Kisame did a head twirl and gaped at us, “You two like each other that much?”

I nodded slowly but Deidara had no problem proclaiming our love.

“You better believe it. This girl,” he said indicating me, “has stolen my heart.”

I turned pink and Kisame laughed, “That’s sweet.”

We ate our breakfast in a happy stupor, Itachi shooting me looks filled to the brim with happiness. I could tell Itachi was glad Deidara and I had gotten so close and that I was so happy. He was such a good friend. I would have to treat him to dinner or something later.

After we ate, Itachi told us to have a good day and left with Kisame to who knows where.

Deidara turned to me then and said, “What would you like to do today?”

I smiled, anything I did with Deidara seemed appealing. I opened my mouth to tell him so. When I had finished telling him this his face broke out into a grin.

“Thanks. I have a couple of ideas but I kind of want to hear what you consider fun.”

I nodded and thought about it for a little bit. We could go out and spend the day together somewhere, or we could do something spontaneous. I tried thinking harder of something more specific than that because I knew that’s what he was wanting.

I frowned and racked my brain for something fun to do. It hit me then. We could go camping but with Naruto and Sakura as well. The two of them were going out now and I thought they were the cutest couple ever. It would be like a double date. I turned to Deidara and told him my plan.

His eyes lit up suddenly and he smiled, “That sounds like fun. I knew I could count on you to come up with something fun.”

He kissed me intimately on the lips for a brief minute, leaving me hungering for more. Grabbing my hand he started tugging me outside.