‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Deceit

“Hey Eya, what can I do for you?” Gaara asked me when I showed up in his office.

I ran a hand through my hair, “Do you know where those Akatsuki imposters are at?”

Gaara looked at me and glanced at Deidara and Itachi. “It’s tough to say since they’re always moving about but they’re probably going to be near the villagers houses, spreading more rumors about you. I’d look around there if I were you guys.”

I nodded, “Thanks Gaara.”

“Anytime sweetheart,” he replied.

Deidara flinched and gave a dirty look to Gaara.

“Huh?” Gaara said, baffled.

“Don’t call her sweetheart,” he replied his voice losing patience.

Gaara frowned, “She’s my friend, Deidara. I always call her sweetie or sweetheart.”

Deidara grinded his teeth and tried to hold back his anger, “Fine, but I’m watching you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Deidara and I split up. This time I went with Itachi because Deidara needed some time to cool down after all that had happened.

“You know your boyfriend is kind of psycho,” Itachi responded when we were alone.

I sighed, “Don’t say that. He’s just jealous of you.”

“What? Why?” Itachi asked annoyed.

I shrugged, “I guess because I hung out with you more than him when we were dating and because I had been paying less attention to him.”

Itachi laughed, “I was right, he’s an attention whore.”

I grimaced, “Please don’t talk about him that way. I really love him.”

Itachi nodded, “I’m sorry Eya. You know him and I don’t get along.”

“Yeah, let’s go look for those imposters.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I saw Deidara standing next to a Sasori imposter. “Dei! You found an imposter?”

Deidara glanced at me and nodded, “You got it Eya.”

Deidara smiled fondly my way and walked up to me. He hugged me and I was surprised by his sudden outburst. After a full three minutes had passed, I struggled against him, trying to break away.

“Baby, can you let me go?” I asked.

Deidara chuckled, “No can do.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because…I’m not Deidara!” I felt a sudden pain in my stomach. I groaned and the imposter pulled away. I clutched at my stomach and to my horror saw blood spreading across my shirt. There was a kunai stuck in me.

“Get away from her you freak!” Itachi said when the imposter got close again to me. The imposter flinched. I tugged at the kunai and pulled it out. Blood spewed out of the cut and I started to yell. It hurt like hell.

“Eya! What’s wrong?” Itachi asked me worry filling his voice.

I moaned out, “I don’t know. He must have stuck me deeper than I thought. It hurts like hell.”

Itachi glared at the two imposters and started attacking them. I stood there, in pain. Itachi was kicking some serious ass. These imposters didn’t look that strong. Itachi had beaten them up when I began to feel dizzy.

“Eya?” Itachi said when I began to fall. He caught me and then I blacked out.