‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

It Ends with a Splash

I drew a line through the middle of the paper and started lightly sketching out several islands floating in the sky. When I was done I put my pencil down and turned around.

“Done already?” Deidara asked, arching an eyebrow.

I nodded, “Take a look and tell me what you think.”

Deidara walked up to me and his eye widened considerably. He stood there dumbly for a full two minutes.

“Deidara? What do you think?” I asked.

He looked at me and replied, “It’s…Amazing Eya!”

I smiled, “Thanks Dei.”

“Let me do my part now,” he responded.

I moved out of the way and he took my pencil and began to draw. Barely an hour had passed when Deidara said he was done. I went over to him and looked at what he had drawn. My mouth dropped open.

“What? Do you like it? Hate it?” He asked me frantic.

I giggled and he gave me a puzzled look. “It’s beyond great!”

He turned pink and I smiled. “I really love that our styles of art are so different but they work together. Since yours is skeleton fish in a pond and mine happens to be islands in the sky the elements look similar. After all both backgrounds can be a light blue.”

“That’s true,” Deidara stated happily.

I took my artist’s palette and mixed paint on it. Dipping my brush on the paint I put color on my drawing. Slowly the colors began to mix together nicely and complement each other. I used a smaller paint brush for details after I had filled in the white spaces.

Adding blade grasses on the islands I smiled softly. It was looking good. I used a flat brush for the edges of the clouds, making sure to fluff up the sides. When I was done Deidara came up to me and he grinned brilliantly at my water color painting.

“You weren’t joking Eya, you really can do water color,” he said.

“I told you,” I said slightly blushing.

“Okay let me take over,” he stated, going over to his side of the painting.

I sat, watching Deidara’s hand streak across the paper. Watching color begin to blossom on the paper I smiled, seeing how it would all unfold. An hour and a half later Deidara put his brush down and I went over to look.

“Wow, that looks really good,” I said in awe.

“Why thank you,” he said embarrassed sounding.

I looked at both of our sides and grinned, “It looks great.”

“It really does,” he replied grinning.

“Could I keep it in my room? It would look great and it would remind me of you every time I looked at it,” I said.

Deidara laughed, “Sure no problem.”

We went over to my room and hung it up on my wall. I beamed brightly at it, the painting really made my room look spectacular. Standing there, I admired it.

Deidara wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into him, “I love this piece babe and it’s because you and I made it together.”

“Yeah it does make it a lot more meaningful,” I said.

I loved art and Deidara was making art even more fun for me. With every day that passed I grew closer to this gorgeous and amazing man, making me question how I could have ever lived without him. I guess love really does change people because I felt like I had changed a lot since I had first met Deidara.

In fact, I knew I had changed. Before I was skeptical to love, hated Valentine’s Day with a passion, didn’t think I would ever find the “one” I was meant to be with, and was just plain negative. Now though I believed in love, was thrilled at the thought of Valentine’s Day, thought Deidara was my true love and was more positive. Yes meeting and falling in love with Deidara had changed me for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys this is the last chapter of this story, but fear not, I am working on writing another one. I'm not sure how long to make this series but as long as I have inspiration and a passion for it I'll continue. I love Deidara so who knows how long this could go on for? Haha.