‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Itachi's Worry

“Would you like to snuggle?” Deidara asked.

I looked at him, studied his features for a little bit and nodded. He laid down on my bed put an arm around my shoulder and then nuzzled my neck. I shivered and leaned more into him. His hand played with my long light brown hair. He twirled one lock and then another before kissing my hair. I shuddered from the motion.

“You know you’ve surprised me in more ways than one today.” Deidara said his hand still in my hair.

I smiled at him, “How’s that?”

“Well you kissed me so passionately for one, hmm.” He replied.

I laughed my whole body shaking.

“What’s so funny?” He asked perplexed.

I waved a hand absently, “I like you Deidara. I have for a while now. So how’s it that strange that I would want to kiss you passionately?”

Deidara shrugged, “Well like I said earlier you weren’t acting all lovey dovey with me before.”

My head fell, “I-I’m really sorry Dei. I was nervous around you those first couple of weeks. I couldn’t even bring myself to kiss you again. I don’t deserve you for treating you like that.”

Deidara’s face was unreadable at first then he said slowly but firmly, “Don’t give me that pity act, hmm. I really like you, and I understand now why you were so distant. But please don’t feel sorry for yourself.”

I nodded slowly and rested my head back on him. Soon I started to fall asleep. In my sleep I felt an arm tighten around me.

I heard Sasori’s voice in my sleep. I wondered if I was dreaming.

“What are you doing in Eya’s room Deidara?”

Deidara chuckled, “Why do you think Sasori?”

Sasori groaned, “Yeah I get it your hanging out with you girlfriend. Save me the details.”

“Why are you here?” I heard Deidara ask.

Sasori let out a groan, “Well Itachi wanted to talk to Eya.”

“So why are you here instead of him, hmm?”

“You know why Dei. You hate Itachi and he doesn’t want to start anything.”

“So when Eya wakes up tell her Itachi wants to see her.”

“Fine, hmm.”

I heard footsteps moving through my room and heard my door close.
I opened my eyes from my nap and gazed at the gorgeous man lying next to me.

“Hey, Deidara,” I breathed.

Deidara turned a shade of red and returned my greeting, “Hey hmm.”

I stretched, yawning.

“That was a nice nap. Did you end up falling asleep?”

“I did at first.” I gave him a puzzled look.

“Sasori came by.”

“Oh what did he want,” I replied.

“He said Itachi wanted to see you.”

“I wonder why?” I questioned.

“I don’t know, hmm.”

“All right well I’m going to go see what he wants.”

Deidara nodded and watched me get up, stretch and blow him a goodbye kiss.
I headed in the direction of Itachi’s room. I was still new to this place, but I knew where Itachi lived. He lived next door to Kisame. Besides they were good friends. I approached Itachi’s room then and read a sign on his door. “Sexy xing.” I burst out laughing. That sign hadn’t been there a couple of days ago. I knocked on his door and a second later I saw Kisame poke his head out. He glanced at me then looked back into the room.

“She’s here Itachi.” Kisame opened the door wider and Itachi appeared next to him.

“You can come in.”

I nodded and came inside. Itachi closed the door and it was just the three of us. Itachi turned to me, and started fidgeting. Weird, what was wrong with Itachi?

After a minute of this Kisame said to Itachi, “Just tell her man.”

Itachi nodded then turned to me, “Eya. I don’t mean to pry but are you and Deidara doing okay?”

I blinked rapidly and blushed fondly remembering the kissing and snuggling. “Yeah, why do you ask?”

Itachi ran a hand through his hair. “Well you know I’m your friend right?”

I nodded.

“And as such I want to know if something is bothering you.”

I laughed, “You’re so sweet Itachi.”

Itachi turned a light pink color. “I was just asking because you and Deidara seem distant, do you even kiss each other?”

I flustered a little, he was asking a personal question and if it was that. But since it was Itachi I told him about the relationship between Deidara and me.

“You’re smart Itachi, I have been distant from Deidara I hadn’t kissed him in forever until today.”

Itachi’s eyes widened, “You two were that withdrawn from each other?”

I nodded, anyone but Itachi I would have flat out told them. “Yeah and I’ll admit I’ve been a lousy girlfriend these last two weeks.”

Itachi frowned, “I know you guys made up but are you sure everything’s cool between you two?”

“Yes,” I replied.

Itachi’s eyes softened.

“I’m glad.”

“I love having you as a friend Itachi. You and Kisame have always supported me. You even accepted me and Deidara dating. Even though I know you two aren’t on good terms.”

Itachi smiled fondly at me and Kisame gave me a toothy grin.

“Is that all you wanted to talk about?”

Itachi nodded, “I was just worried about you Eya.”

“Well thanks,” I said. I let myself out and went back to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could really use comments on how to improve this story. Thanks! :D