Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 1

Ours Then….

Day 1
Dear Sidney,
Dear Sid,
Sid,
That sounds much better. The whole ‘dear’ thing sounded way too formal. Although, I guess writing a letter BY HAND is pretty formal. I honestly don’t know why I’m writing all this down when I could just tell you it and be done quick. I guess it’s because letters last.

Writing this to you will be an ...interesting experience. We've got a history, Sid. There's no denying that. Sometimes, I wonder if it would have just been easier for me to have walked away that day at Shattuck-St. Mary's library. But then, of course, I'm glad I didn't. Because, if I had, we wouldn't have what's ours....

I know that day like the back of my hand. I was sitting at a table in the library early in the school year. It was hot, especially for Shattuck-St. Mary’s. The swimming season would be starting up for me that day and the coach was one I knew personally. Having grown up with him down the street, he thought he could call in favors.

“Do you think you could swing by early and help with the lane ropes? And maybe stay back and help with them after?” James asked.

I couldn’t say no. That’s my weakness. “Sure thing, James.” I really wished I had told him ‘Hell no, James.’ But I didn’t.

“Thanks, Rory. You’re great. See you later,” James was never one for good-byes. He hung up.

I dropped my head onto the table, groaning a little too loudly for the library. “Screw it all.”

You were the only one that heard. “Sorry?”

I looked up. “Oh! I didn’t realize anyone was here.” My face was probably bright red. “Sorry. I wasn’t talking to-I was talking to my swimming coach.”

You nodded, being polite. “I’m Sidney.”

“Rory,” I said.

You extended your hand and I took it. “It’s nice to meet you, Rory.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Sidney. I’ve heard enough about you,” I smiled kindly. It was true; Administration had been in a tizzy towards the end of the last spring semester when the news had come out that Sidney Crosby would be attending Shattuck-St. Mary’s.

You nodded. “Do you need any help with that? You sounded a little upset when you got off the phone.” You gestured to the large number of books cluttering my table.

“Oh. No, thanks. My coach is someone I know from back home and he seems to think he can call in favors with me. Sadly, I’m not one that says no to people easily,” I explained.

“That’s not cool. For him to do that, I mean. Can I do anything to help?” you asked.

Typical Sidney Crosby, I would learn. “I’m good. Just gotta learn to juggle again, I suppose.”

You nodded. “So where is home for you?”

“Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,” I sighed. It wasn’t very glamorous.

“You’re far from home,” you said taking a seat next to me.

“I could say the same about you, Golden Boy,” I joked.

You gave me a small smile.

“Is that all I get? I’m wasting my valuable study time on you and all I get is a little grin?” I joked.

You chuckled a little and your grin spread.

“That’s more like it,” I nodded. “Listen, I gotta go. But give me your number. Something tells me you’re gonna need it.”

“And how’s that?” you asked taking my cell phone as I took yours.

“You’re new, I’m not. It’s how things work,” I shrugged. “I’ll see you around, Golden Boy.”

You nodded and waved. “Bye.”

I smiled. Maybe that school year wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Day 1 Over and Out!

Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanted to see if you guys were interested in this story! Are you? I've got some loyal hockey fan fiction readers out there, will you guys come to my rescue? Any new readers? Want to help out? I found this layout in the public layouts section(or something like that) and I thought it looked pretty cool, the summary page, at least. Do you guys like this idea? I have some for sequels as well. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

~Bex xoxoxo