Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 13

Ours Then….

Day 13
Sid,
I’m furious with you right now. You need to shut up. You and the boys will make it to the Finals, stop worrying. It’s getting annoying. What happened to my optimistic Golden Boy? He’s gotta still be there, right?

I forced myself to ignore the article the next day, making me distance myself from you. Of course, you noticed the fact that we weren’t attached at the hip.

Two days after I read the article, my birthday arrived. I was turning 16 and I had convinced my family to just do a little party, nothing big. But of course, I shouldn’t have believed the fact that they would listen to me. My mother was bustling about, refusing to tell me who was coming to the party.

I huffed at her and walked outside to sit at my favorite place. Walking down farther into the woods, I could hear footsteps behind me. Usually, I would have freaked and turned around, but I knew it was you.

“This is cool,” you said as we reached the edge of a small pond.

I nodded and shrugged. “It’s my favorite spot.”

“Why have you been ignoring me?” you asked sitting down next to me and drawing me close.

I looked away for a moment and then forced myself to look him in the eyes. “Maybe because I found out you weren’t coming back to Shattuck’s this year.”

You groaned. “Who told you?”

“No one TOLD me, Sid. I read it. On the internet, no less, in a sports article!” I fumed. “How could you not tell me you were going to play in the QMJHL!?”

“I wanted to wait until the time was right,” you whispered.

“The right time?! Sidney, we were supposed to go back to school together in one month,” I said. My temper was rising. I couldn’t believe you.

“Nothing was definite yet,” you said taking my hands.

I wriggled out of your grasp. “No! See your lying! The article said you’ve been a ‘go’ with Rimouski since school got out. I’m shocked at you Sidney.”

There it was again, your full name, for the second time that day.

“Please, just listen to me, Rory,” you begged. “Nothing is going to change. It’s still going to be you and me. I promise.”

I looked at you and one lone tear trickled out of me. I couldn’t do it. I can’t stay mad at you, as hard as I try. “Promise that we’re going to make this work. I don’t think I can do anything without you, Golden Boy.”

A look of relief spread across your face as you wiped the tear from my face and pulled me into you. “Of course we will, Rory. I love you.”

I sniffled and kissed your cheek. “I love you too. I love you too, Golden Boy.”

“I don’t want this to ruin the rest of our summer. I want to enjoy my time here and I want you to enjoy your time in Cole Harbour with me,” you said. “Okay?”

“Okay,” I nodded. “Okay.”

Day 13 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Day 13!! So my plan at the moment is to have two or so more chapters for their summer, about two chapters to talk about their relationship while Sid plays for Rimouski, and then things will come to a head for when they meet up again. Are you guys enjoying this so far? Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!