Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 15

Ours Then….

Day 15
Sid,
Thank you. That’s all I can say. Just, thank you. You understand that I just can’t go out today. You understand that it hurts too much knowing he can’t be here enjoying it with me. The fact that Ryan can’t be doing what he loved most is painful and just too much to take in. Thank you for not pushing; it’s one of the reasons that I love you. While I’m busy swimming and coaches and trainers are pushing me to get the next time, to finish the next set, you’re telling me not to worry, to calm down and relax.

It was the same way then too.

“Time?” I panted from the pool.

You stood above me with a stopwatch in hand. “2:32.14. That’s really good.”

“No, it’s not. I should be down to 2:30 even,” I moaned floating on me back.

“Babe, don’t push yourself too hard. You’re on vacation. With me,” you reminded me with a smile. As if I could forget.

“I know,” I sighed. “It’s just that I’m not going to have anyone at school with me to drag my tired ass out of bed at 5 o’clock to go running or to go on one after school. I’m going to need to put the extra effort in at the pool.”

“You’ll do fine,” you assured me. “Come on. You’ve been swimming for almost two and a half hours. Let’s go back to my house.”

I nodded and clambered up out of the pool and took my swim cap off. You wrapped a towel around me and kissed my cheek.

“You really did do great,” you whispered in my ear.

I blushed. “Thanks.” I was shivering.

“You want to change? It’s windy and we have to walk back,” you offered.

“I think I will,” I said. “I’ll be quick.”

“Take your time,” you said with a wave of your hand. “It’s just my birthday. I’d much rather just spend it with you.”

I could feel myself blush again as I headed into the changing rooms. How is it possible that you could make me feel this way? I honestly don’t know. You’re wonderful and just flat our right for me, you always have been.

“Ready?” you asked as I came out of the building in shorts and a hoodie of yours. It was massive on me, but I liked it.

“Mhmm,” I nodded and let you take my bag and wrap your arm around my waist.

“So… what’re your plans when you get back to school?” you asked me. We had talked briefly about Shattuck’s and our plans for our relationship on the plane.

“I’m going to concentrate on swimming and school. And of course, I have this amazing boyfriend,” I giggled. You were grinning like mad. “But the thing is, he’s not going to be going to school with me this year. I don’t know if he’s willing to try a long distance relationship.”

“He’d be crazy not to. I have a similar problem, actually,” you said pulling me closer into your side as the wind picked up. “I’m not going to be going to school with my girlfriend this year either. And I don’t know if she’s willing to stay with me, even though I won’t really be around.”

I stopped walking. Looking up at you, I smiled a little. Wrapping my arms around your neck, you dropped my duffel and put your hands on my waist. Our lips crashed together. We didn’t care who saw, didn’t care that we were in the middle of a park. You deepened the kiss and I braided my fingers into your curls. This moment was what made me realize just what I would be missing.

“Of course I’m willing to try,” you said breaking away. “Are you?”

“I don’t know what I would do without you,” I breathed. “Of course I am.”

“Good,” you smiled before taking my hand and leading the way home. “Because I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Day 15 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I had a huge amount of school work to do, stupid end of the year projects. But on the bright side, I have my last test today! So once that's done, I can finish writing my English paper and I'll be all good! So what do you all think happened to Ryan? I have a massive, big backstory planned for later on in the story! I have to get things moving though, this is Day 15 and there are only 21 Days in this! But have no fear, I have ideas for sequels! Comment, lovelies, and tell me what's on your minds!