Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 16

Ours Then….

Day 16
Sid,
Yesterday was perfect. You had a day off from practices and we got to just lie around. I can’t remember the last time I watched a whole season of friends in one day, probably not since Shattuck’s on one of my sick days. Tomorrow is the last game to see if you’re going to the Finals. You’re all nervous, it’s easy to see. But if you play like you have for the last few weeks, you’ll have no problems whatsoever.

The last few days with you were also pretty damn perfect, in my opinion. But Sidney, the moment I left, I knew things were already changing.

And I was right. We did the whole video chat-email-text-call long distance relationship thing for a long time. I saw you over Spring Break and the following summer. But by Thanksgiving of my junior year, we had called it quits. It broke both our hearts to do it, but we somehow managed to convince ourselves that we would be better off. Less heartache, less fears. We were so wrong.

I remember watching the draft. I pretty much knew that Pittsburgh would be selecting you. We were struggling; you would be the savior everyone had promised. But still when they called out your name, I spit the water I was drinking, turned the t.v. off, and ran. I literally ran. I had no shoes on, but I just took off out the door.

Oddly, in all the years we spent in Pittsburgh together, you playing hockey and me swimming and going to college, we never once saw each other. I never went to a game in that time period, you never called me. But I watched on t.v. a lot. I would cheer at your goals and assists and for a few brief moments, I would feel like we were back at Shattuck’s. I would feel like I was wearing your game sweater and was in the stands. I liked that feeling.

When I saw you again at the beginning of September, I hadn’t meant to see you. In fact, when I saw you from the top of the hill, I had meant to run rather far around you. But of course, Janine had to say something and scream ‘Roarin’ Rory’. You knew who that was.

Day 16 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short! But this update was just supposed to cover everything that happened in between that summer and them meeting again. It's going to be pretty intense. I have a few surprises in mind that I hope you'll enjoy. Let me know what you're thinking, lovelies!