Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 2

Ours Then….

Day 2
Sid,
I’ve only got 20 days left to finish writing this to you. And if you think about it, that’s not a lot of time to recap a year of school, a summer, and then 10 months that occur years later. So I guess I had better get to work.

After our first encounter in the library, I didn’t see you for several days. It was after swim team practice, and as usual, James had roped me in to help take out some of the lane ropes.

“Lux!” he had called. “Get your butt over here and help me out!”

I sighed and pulled off my swim cap. Ducking my head under the water, I pulled my hair out of the bun it had been in under the rubbery substance.

“I’m coming,” I got up out of the pool and helped James wheel over the coil that held the lane ropes.

“Just lanes 1, 2, and 3. Leave the rest in,” he instructed as I dove into the water to swim to the other end to unlatch the ropes.

I hadn’t known you were coming with your friends for the rec swim, but you did. As I floated back down to the other end of the pool, I saw you out of the corner of my eye. I almost choked. You were a beast of a guy then, Sid, almost as much as you are now. I don’t know how I missed you standing with your friends. Knowing a few of them, I waved, something you returned.

“Didn’t know you were coming, Golden Boy,” I teased as I pulled myself up out of the water. I had slid my arms out of the straps of both my drag suit and regular suit, and was suddenly very self- conscious.

“My friends roped me into it. I couldn’t say no,” he said using almost my exact wording.

“Ahhh,” I nodded.

“Why do you have on two swim suits,” your friend, Jack, asked.

“The top one is really big and loose, it’s called a drag suit. It gives me more weight to pull in the water so that in a race, when I only have one suit on, I go faster,” I explained.

Jack just nodded before returning to his own conversation.

I looked up at you with raised eyebrows. You weren’t tall then (you aren’t now either), and I was even shorter (still am).

“You want to stick around and go swimming?” you asked. “That is, if you want to.”

I smiled; you had remembered our conversation in the library. Nodding, I said, “I’d love to. I really would.”

Day 2 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to try and write one letter a say, at least, for as long as possible. As you can probably tell, there will be 20 days in this story, so 20 chapters. Wow, 47 reads already and 3 subscribers. Thanks, you guys, that really made me smile! If you're interested, I've got a load more of hockey fics, all revolving around the Pittsburgh Penguins. I don't have time to post the links right now, but you can always just check out my profile. I'll post links in the next update, either tomorrow or later today! Thanks lovelies, comment and tell me what you're thinking!