Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 5

Ours Then….

Day 5
Sid,
What are you doing? Currently, you’re singing, ‘Slow Motion’, at the top of your lungs while on the ice at practice. Don’t ask me why I came, I just did. But really? You’re a terrible singer, and the boys love to tease you for it. At the moment, Max is hitting you repeatedly with his stick while you continue singing. I’m having trouble writing this, I’m laughing so hard. Oh, god, now Jordan’s joining in. You’re in trouble now, Sid.

We were also in trouble that year, after Thanksgiving Break. The swim team and hockey seasons were in full swing, and we were having trouble making time for each other. In fact, it wasn’t until December 15th, that we were actually able to go out again. December 15th was a dance that our school insisted upon having every year. The winter formal. Ick, I hated dressing up. I still do. But that year, it was different. I had a date. I had spent forever getting ready, as cliché as that sounds. And I was nervous, so incredibly nervous.

Of course, you showed up to my dorm looking fantastic. It really wasn’t fair.

During the dance, we snuck away from all the noise and boisterousness.

“Do you want your gift now?” you asked me. I didn’t know it then, but you had hidden it outside on the terrace.

I nodded and picked up my clutch to retrieve your gift. When I was debating what to get you, I was honestly clueless. In the end, I had settled on tickets to go see the Canadiens over Spring Break with your dad. “I’ve got yours.”

We handed each other the wrapped gifts.

“On three?” you asked holding the envelope.

I nodded clutching the soft package. “One.”

“Two.”

“THREE!” we said together.

Unwrapping the package you had handed me, I saw a jersey. It was yours, from your last season at home.

“Sidney,” I breathed.

“Rory,” you smiled back. “These are great. You didn’t need to get me tickets.”

“I couldn’t think of anything else! But giving me your jersey? That’s a lot,” I countered.

“You’ve probably got a hundred jerseys or whatever in your closet at home. You can just add it to the collection,” you shrugged.

“Other jerseys? From other guys? No, Sid, hate to break it to you, but I don’t,” I smiled a little.

“So you’re telling me that a beautiful girl like you has never been given a game sweater?” the shock in your voice was hilarious.

“I’m American. Hockey isn’t as massive a thing in your younger years for most people. And I’m not that pretty. I’m, to quote Ryan, ‘intimidating’,” I sighed.

“That’s crazy. You’re beautiful,” you whispered into my ear as you pulled me close.

I blushed and tugged your jacket closer around me. You had given it to me when we came outside. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me, Rory. It’s only the truth,” you smiled pulling away. “God, break is gonna be so hard without you.”

I giggled and did something…rather spontaneous. I kissed you. It was our first kiss, as we had barely had any time to see each other outside of class for the past month.

“God, break is gonna be so hard without you,” I mimicked.

You chuckled and kissed me again. I suddenly decided that dances and dressing up, weren’t all that bad.

Day 5 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finished one of my first stories last night! It's called Love, Murder, Tennis and is a Jordan Staal fan-fic. I hope you'll all check it out! How are you liking this so far? Let me know in the comments, lovelies!

What Rory Wore