Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 8

Ours Then….

Day 8
Sid,
I’m sitting at home, watching an away game. It’s odd not being there. Oh shit, what the hell did Tanger just do? Bylsma’s going to kill him. I swear, Kris Letang can be so stupid. But I’m getting off topic. Do you remember our first fight? It might seem a little stupid now, but I was livid then.

You had just played in and won a championship for Shattuck-St. Mary’s. We were walking back to our dorms together and you couldn’t have been happier. You’re parents had just left to go back to their hotel, and we were finally alone.

“So you were there for it all?” you asked putting an arm around my shoulders.

I nodded. “Yeah, I skipped practice. I’ll get killed for it at the meet tomorrow, but that’s okay.”

“I’m glad you came,” you whispered into my ear.

I giggled and kissed your cheek. “Are you coming to champs for me tomorrow?” Champs, championships, were the ultimate achievement for me at the moment. I was well on my way to the Olympic team.

You hesitated.

“What?!” I exclaimed. “You’re not coming?”

“Coach has a team dinner planned to celebrate,” you explained.

I couldn’t believe you. “Are you being serious Sidney?”

Your face fell. I hardly ever called you Sid, let alone Sidney. You knew you were in trouble. “I’m sorry. But Coach’s orders-,”

“Bull shit,” I said shaking my head. “I completely skipped what could quite possibly have been the most important practice of the season for me so that I could go to YOUR hockey game. So that I could be the good girlfriend. And you won’t skip on a team dinner?!”

“Babe-,” you started.

I put a hand up. “No, Sidney. Don’t even bother. I’m glad to see you have your priorities straight. Have fun celebrating on your own.” I started walking away.

“Rory!” you called after me. I could hear you begin to run, but you’re equipment bag held you back. “Can we talk about this?!”

I didn’t turn around. I didn’t talk back. I just kept moving.

Getting back to my dorm, I collapsed on the bed. Tears shook my body. Sobs choked my throat. My parents couldn’t even make it to the meet and now my boyfriend wouldn’t be there. Your parents had told me they would come. That made it worse. Knowing they cared enough to be there, but you not. And I’m not saying you didn’t care, Golden Boy. But I am saying your head wasn’t screwed on straight. I thought back to the game that night. Your mom’s tears of joy when you scored the game winning goal just seconds before the final buzzer sounded, your father’s smile that was so full of pride. It hurt to see that, as happy as I was for you.

I cried myself to sleep that night, something I certainly wasn’t accustomed to at the time. I didn’t know what you were doing, but I knew what I wanted you to do. I wanted you there.

Day 8 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise. How do you think they'll reconcile? I've got a few ideas up my sleeves, or if I was wearing sleeves at the moment, I would. My t-shirt sleeves don't give me much room to hide any, lolz. So what are your thoughts on this chapter? Are you enjoying this story so far? Let me know, lovelies!