Status: Completed

Kill Me Softly

Awkward Conversation

-Ashley's Point of View-

Andy was nowhere in sight when I woke up. I looked around the room and he was nowhere to be found. I looked over at the beside table and I saw the note that he had left me. I wondered what kind of errands he had to run, but then I thought that I probably don't want to know... I shook my head and started walking downstairs. I still was a little bit lightheaded from earlier, but I was starting to feel much better. "Hi, Ashley," my mom said as I walked past her. "Hey, Mom," I mumbled heading towards the kitchen. After rummaging through the cabinets a few minutes, I found something to eat. I walked back into the living room with a bowl of cereal and sat next to my mom. "How was your day?" she asked looking at me and smiling. "Good. I was tired when I got home so I took a nap." I lied. "Did you have any nightmares?" she asked raising her eyebrows. "No..." I trailed off shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. She looked surprised for a second because after the accident I had violent nightmares about Andy. It also has been almost a year since the accident and just a few days ago my nightmares were getting worse. I looked at her with a strange look and she just shook her head. We sat in silence for a few minutes and she said, "Ashley, how did you get those bruises on your neck?" I bit my tongue knowing that if I told her about Andy then she would just end up sending me to a therapist again. "I-I..." I trailed off trying to find my words. "Ashley, tell me." she said in a voice that screamed authority. I pulled the collar of my hoodie up higher and sighed. "Ashley." she threatened. "I took a shortcut that I shouldn't have taken. Some creepy man grabbed me by the neck and demanded my money. I told him I didn't have any, but he wouldn't let go." That was half of the truth. I never did mention anything about the creepy man the other day. "You're not walking to school anymore then." she said. "Then how am I supposed to get there?" I asked shocked. "I'll drive you," she said. "I'll get one of my friends to drive me." I said and she looked at me suspiciously. "Are you sure?" she asked crossing her arms. "Yeah," I said standing up and taking my empty bowl to the sink before running back upstairs to my room. She can't know about Andy. She can't know about Andy because she thinks that he's not real...

I was staring at the floor when Andy flew back into my room. He stared at me for a second before he said, "What's wrong, Ashes?" He came over and sat down beside me. I looked at him and pulled down the collar of my hoodie revealing the bruises that he had left on my neck. "Next time you feed, dont' be so rough, please." I whispered. "I'm sorry, Ashes," I didn't know I was that forceful." he said placing his hand on my neck. "It's alright. The only reason I noticed was because my mom had said something when I went to get something to eat." I said staring at him. "You don't have to worry about the bruises too much longer." he whispered. "Why?" I asked staring at him surprised and he covered his mouth quickly. "Andy?" I asked confused. He held up his wrist with a gold bracelet and whispered, "Ashes, there's something I have to tell you..."