Status: Completed

Kill Me Softly

Next Hiding Spot

-Andy's Point of View-

I woke up the next morning with one of Ashley's white feathers tickling my nose. I sneezed and opened my eyes. Ashley was laying beside me, his graceful black and white feathers were wrapped around his sleeping form. I smiled and tucked a strand of his raven black hiar behind his ear and away from his face. He opened his eyes and looked at me and blinked. "Good morning, beautiful," I said as he let out a tried yawn. "Good morning," he mumbled and tucked his wings back into place. I stood up and grabbed our clothes that we had abandoned in the corner the night before. I threw his clothes over to him and we started getting dressed. "How was last night?" I asked looking over at him with a sneaky grin. "I never wanted it to end," he said looking over at me and smiling. I laughed and started picking up the items we had scattered in the floor. "Where are we flying to today?" he asked and I walked over to the entrance of the cave and pointed towards south. "I know we're heading towards your hometown, but I want to go past that and head a little bit further south." I said and he nodded his head and started wrapping up the black blanket and stuffing it into his bag. I walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss. "I love you," he whispered. "I love you too, Ashes," I said back and he smiled. We picked up the bags and took off to the sky.

I watched as Ashley's black hair whipped around his face. We had been flying for about three hours and my back was starting to hurt. I had been flying for over a year, but yet I still get the pain in my back as I did when I was a newborn. I looked up and I saw dark clouds in the sky. "There's a storm coming..." Ashley whispered looking down at me. "Yeah, we need to stop soon anyways." I said and he nodded his head. "Where do you want to stop at?" he asked flying down to where he was right next to me. The tips of our wings came together every now and then. "How about the next town over?" I asked smiling softly. "That's alright with me," he whispered and he tucked a loose strand of his black hair behind his ear. I looked over at him and smiled. After we flew for thirty more minutes we arrived at a small town. I didn't catch the name of it on the way in, but it had a thick forest that was great for us to walk through. Ashley and I walked around looking for a place to stay for the night when it started to rain. Ashley tightened his grip on the bag and I looked over at him worried. "Are you alright?" I asked just as thunder rumbled in the distance. "Thunderstorms have always scared me for some odd reason," he mumbled looking down. "I won't let anything happen to you," I whispered grabbing his hand and interlocking our fingers. He nodded his head and we continued our way through the forest looking for a place to stay. It took about another ten minutes of hiking, but we finally found an abandoned house. Ashley ran up to the porch and threw the bag onto the stairs. I looked closely at the stairs and saw that vines were growing up the crooked railing. He sat down and that's when I heard a noise that I knew didn't come from a thunderstorm. It sounded like a mix of an animal and a woman's scream. I looked up just in time to see a large black object falling from the sky. I knew exactly what this thing was... A demon. "Andy!" Ashley called as I shot up into the sky trying to rescue the falling person. I caught whoever it was before they hit the roof of the house. I studied her features carefully. Right now all I could see was her raven black hair that was covering her face and her dark blue dress that was ripped and covered in blood. I flew down to the ground and I laid her down gently. Ashley walked over as I moved her hair away from her face revealing her her tear-stained green eyes. Her pale pink lips had a bloody split in them. My eyes soon enough fell to the symbol that was hanging around her neck. It was the same whimsical musical note that I shared on my gold bracelet. I had som many questions for her, but she answered most of them with only two sentences. "He's dead, Andy. Jake is dead..." Ella whispered and her lip split wider causing blood to trail down onto her necklace.