Status: Completed

Kill Me Softly

The Demon

I woke up when someone kissed my forehead. My eyes opened just a bit, but I was still tired so I shut them again. Whoever kissed me was also rocking me back and forth and humming to himself. "I should have never left you, Ashes. If I hadn't then this wouldn't have happened." Andy whispered to himself not knowing that I was awake. "Then why did you leave?" I asked in a raspy, dry voice. He seemed startled at first, but he calmed down. "He dragged me out of that car. If he hadn't then I would be dead now." he whispered. His blue eyes were staring at somewhere else in the room and not at me. "Who?" I asked looking up at him. "The demon. The one that changed me into the monster I am today." "So is that why your eyes were glowing red when you grabbed that guy that was attacking me?" "Not only my eyes glow red, but I'm bloodthirsty like a damn vampire. I have black wings and I'm... Immortal." he whispered the last word as if it was forbidden. Immortality meant that he'd live forever, while I on the other hand will grow old and die. "So nothing can kill you?" I asked staring at him with wide brown eyes. "There is one thing that can kill a demon." "What?" "When we turn people we pour our blood into an open wound. If a demon happens to get stabbed where that wound was, it could kill them quickly." "Oh," I whispered. He just nodded his head and looked down at me. At that moment was when I remembered I had been stabbed in the side. I looked down and pulled up my shirt to see how bad my wound was. Instead all I saw my tanned skin. There was a faint pink line, but nothing else. "How...?" was all I got out. "We're also excellent healers," he whispered kissing my forehead. I smiled and said, "Thank you for saving me." "It's the best I could do for my, Ashes," he whispered rocking me back and forth and nuzzling his face into my neck. I felt so safe in his arms...

We sat there for the longest time. He hummed soft songs right into the crook of my neck. "You're not alone..." he sang quietly and I smiled remembering that it was the song that he used to sing to me all the time. He sat up and looked at me with a wide smile on his face. "You still remember that old song?" he asked arching his eyebrow. "Yeah," I whispered blushing. He picked me up and laid me down on my bed and walked over and stood outside my door. "Are you leaving?" I asked staring at him with sad eyes. "No, I want to take you somewhere." he said. "How we don't have a car?" I said staring at him confused. "Yeah, but I've got another form of transportation," he said with a sly grin. Oh no what does he have planned now...?