Status: While The maine are real people, everything(pretty much) is completely made up in this story!

Time and Consequence

The concert part 2

Sadie noticed that there was definitely a lot less people outside than there were. She extracted herself from Jared and Garrett, and waited in the short line to see Pat. Less than 15 people were surrounding the area now, and she swore that as soon as she talked to Pat, she would leave. The ride home was only 20 minutes, but her legs hurt, and she wanted water. Basic concert aftermath. Garrett and Jared were standing by the bus, leaning against the wall. Jared checked his phone and Garrett, whether he wanted to admit it or not, was stealing glances at Sadie every few minutes. He couldn’t help it. She was pretty. Her hair was long and wavy, almost the same shade as his own hair color. He couldn’t tell how old she was or what color her eyes were, but something about her just drew him in. Or at least made him want to know her better. “Did John ever come out?” Jared questioned, surveying the premisice. The last thing he wanted to do was go on a man hunt for their lanky lead singer. “…Don’t think so. Too many people.” Garrett muttered, trying to keep tabs on Sadie. He hoped he wasn’t being too obvious. And if Jared asked, he was only checking her out. Which was true. Right? Jared glanced at his phone. He realized that they would have to get back on the bus. Kennedy and Pat were talking to the last bit of fans, Sadie included. He liked the chat he had with her. It was calming and relaxing, especially since she was kind of oblivious compared to the rest of the fans. Security stayed back, but gave a look that said “Wrap it up.” Jared knew that it was about time to get on the bus, anyway.
Sadie slung her camera around her neck and smiled as Pat gave her a hug and said “Thanks for coming, Sadie!” She waved goodbye to Kennedy and turned to walk in the opposite direction.They were a nice band and she was going to buy and listen to more of their songs. She spotted Jared and Garrett again as they started to walk to their bus. Jared saw her first and yelled “Night Sadie, thanks for coming!” Sadie smiled at him and waved back, “Night guys.’’ Garrett looked up from daze at the sound of Sadie’s voice, recognizing her again. He looked at Jared, the bus, and then his phone. Everyone else but him got to have a conversation with this girl, and seemed to enjoy it. What was the hype about? He jogged way from Jared, who looked mighty confused, and made his way over to Sadie. She was busy digging around in pockets for her keys, walking at a glacial speed. “Hey!” The sudden noise startled her and she jumped back a tiny bit. It was that Garrett guy. At this point, she just wanted to go home. “Leaving so soon?” He asked. The cold metal key dug in her hand as she pulled the keys from her pocket. Found them. They were walking away from the venue. The only people left were security, and band members wandering back to their tour buses. “Well…yeah. Looks that way, doesn’t it?” Sadie asked, wondering why he was quickening his pace to keep up with her. They were almost out of the now empty venue’s general vicinity at this point. The night had ended, had he not been given the memo? Garrett grinned. “Yeah, it’s been a long night. But I couldn’t let the photographer responsible for my ..well, you saw the picture, make a getaway, right?” He had a playful tone in his voice, but Sadie was just so tired that she couldn’t pick up on it. “Ah, sorry. I’ll delete it.” The weather was a lot cooler now that she wasn’t hip to hip with people, and she embraced every minute of it. Garrett gently stopped her and looked into her eyes, which he now noticed were a light green. “I was kidding. I just wanted a chance to talk to you,” he brushed his wild hair out of his own blue eyes, and stuffed his hands in his dark jean pockets. She was intimidating in a way, even with a small sweat stain on her back, flushed face, and all around exhausted aura. Sadie gave him a confused look as she pushed the button for the cross walk. He looked sheepish. “Anyway, thanks for coming!” he turned away and headed back to the tour bus, wondering if the comments he would get for being late were worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
* I feel like I'm not developing or describing the characters enough. :/ oh well. i'll fix that later!
* also, if this seems to be going fast, don't worry. still a long way(kinda)before the exciting part!
* garrett and sadie will interact more in the next chapter