Sequel: Broken Mirrors
Status: complete

She Will Be Loved

"Mother"

Mom… Mom!! Mom where are you?! I, I can’t find you! I don’t know what to do! Mom.. Mom… HELP!! He, He’s, He’s going… going to hurt me! Where are you?! MOM!! Why won’t you help me!? Mom… stay, please, PLEASE!! Don’t leave me! No, not now! Not now!

Then it hit me. I woke up. She’s gone. She’s not coming home, the mom I knew. I rolled off of the air mattress that was my bed. My blanket was on the floor again. Of coarse… I thought to myself. I walked over to my waste basket of clothes. Today is going to be great. I told myself with heavy sarcasm. I put my iPod on the doc and turned on Linkin Park-Numb. I got my iPod from a bargain store, used and cheap. That’s also how I got all the music, I inherited it from its previous owner, in case you were wondering.
I got my blue capris on and pulled on my plain baby blue tee shirt (with buttons on the neckline and sleeves that hugged the middle of my upper arm). Good thing it covers the bruise that’s there. I put my black headband in my hair and got out the cover up and started to apply it around my eye.
“Joslin! Turn it down!” My “mother” screamed at me. I tried to forget her and focus on the lyrics. It’s too early for this.
“Joslin! I said turn it DOWN!” tired of being what you want me to be.
“God! You NEVER listen!! Why can’t you be good for once!?” every step that I take is another mistake to you.
“Are you even listening to me?!?” don’t know what you’re expecting of me
“JOSLIN MAKKI!” caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow…
Finished with the cover up at last I turned off my iPod and opened my door.
“Finally.” Allison was standing in my doorway with a vodka bottle in hand. As usual.
“What do you want Allison.” She’s not my mom. She may have birthed me, but she was far from anything to me.
“I want you out of the house today. From 8 AM to 9 PM. Got it? Come home at 9. Alright.” It was summer break. And my mom was working as a prostitute still… I simply nodded at what she said. “Good girl. Such a pretty girl too. Don’t want that to go to waste.”
I wanted to spit at her. Tell her off and lock her away in prison for life for what she was making me do. I can’t though. I have no more family… I’d have to go to a foster home. A foster home… with more men… and more mothers… maybe they’d be just like her. I’m scared here. And I thought I couldn’t escape. But now? I’m done, I might as well try
She went away and laid back down on the couch. I slammed my door and packed my backpack.
The contents include:
three shirts, three pairs of shorts, one pair of pants, some tennies, select makeup, a bra, underwear, socks, my secret stash of money that I stole from my mom, a brush, my iPod, headphones, and a toothbrush and toothpaste that I stole from the bathroom. I zipped up the backpack which amazingly held it all, but the money was in my pocket. I slung it over my shoulder and grabbed a granola bar on my way out the door, not even looking at my mom passed out in her lingerie.
I walked down the sidewalk walking far from the apartments. Far from the neighborhood I grew up in. 7:32 am, the clock on my phone read. Freedom was my destination, but could I ever reach it? With what’s happened to me, there’s no way I’ll ever feel free…
♠ ♠ ♠
This is only the beginning to the story. Read on. I hope you do. :)